Who You Follow

AidansCards

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Aidan
eBay User
aidanscards
What team do you side with most? Of course, if you like one you don't have to instantly hate another (as so many people seem to think).
What year did you start following that team?

For me it would be:

Main:
Freo Dockers.

I started following them when they first came about ('95). Admittedly I was only 5 and was just following what my mum did, but I was a fan none the less.

Secondary:
Sydney Swans.

Really started to get into them about 2001. Me and a mate used to collect footy cards together and he got me into them. I was born in Sydney so it really wasn't a hard choice for me.

What about you? Did you start following a team as a kid once they won a premiership? Do you follow the team that you have closest proximity to? Just like the team colours?

Main for me hands down west coast

Started following them in 2004 after my sisters husband got me into em i never had my dad round n he was someone i looked up to so we'd always kick the footy n watch it

Second team collingwood
Started following coz of my Mate n the way they play and there players n wat thry do for the community its hard not to started following in 2008

Main: Adelaide crows

My dad has been following them since they first established. I followed port when i had no idea what footy was because my first footy was a port power one (now i hate them LOL)

Secondary: Geelong

My dad became good friends with tom harleys dad.

Main: Essendon, well when I was born my family was already barracking for the bombers so I just followed

Secondary: Richmond, only reason i like them Is because Bachar Houli plays there, I liked Bachar so much that I was going to start going for Richmond but didn't end up doing so

I'm kind of 50-50. First is Carlton. My dad has followed them since he was a kid as his grandfather did the same, so Carlton kind of runs in the family :p

The other team is Adelaide. Since I was about 5 or 6 I always loved watching them, and afterall, I do live in Adelaide!

West Coast since '91. Didn't really pay attention to Footy until my family and I moved to Kununurra when i was 6, and there were only two TV stations (ABC & GWN), so I started watching a lot more football.

Having now lived in QLD half my life I've also got a soft spot for the Gold Coast Suns. Get all their games on FTA TV as opposed to just a handful of Eagles games. Plus its been interesting watching the club progress and grow.

Main team - Collingwood. My family has followed the Pies for generations, with my grandmother attending all games at Vic Park in the early-mid 1900's (she had some great stories about hitting opposition players over the head with her umbrella!) and mum in the cheer squad. I grew up at Vic Park, standing on steel VB cans in the outer to see over the fence. My footy hero when growing up was Ronnie Wearmouth, closely followed by Billy Picken.

Secondary - Pies fans don't have second teams...:D Although my wife and son follow Hawthorn, so I do have a soft spot for them (but my first born daughter is a Pies fan through and through at the age of 9).

Main: Hawthorn - have been a Hawks member since 1990. I was crook as a little tacker so sport was never really my thing, more of a Cops and Robbers type of kid hahaha. However I began to take an interest in the footy and the Hawks had won the permiership in 1989 so I decided to follow them.

Secondary: Sydney - they truly represent the word "team", particulalry during the Roos/Longmire era. I reckon to any youngster who has yet to pick a team, they would be the perfect choice.

Back
Top Bottom