• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jestero12

Banned User
Real Name
Umesh Rajadevan
eBay User
jestero12
If you could pick between the youngsters of collingwood, carlton and richmond, who would you take?

I'm not really counting Kreauzer or Brown etc in this, just the (future) gun midfielders...

So its out of Thomas, Pendlebury, Murphy, Gibbs, Foley and Deledio...

For me, i'd take Murphy...Good in the clinches, knows how to get the ball, usually disposes well, and will learn a lot from juddy about inside play...

But only just ahead of Pendlebury and Thomas...That said Gibbs showed a lot last week, and Foley has been for a coupla years....Deledio too is underrated, but for me, its Murphy by a hair...

I could see him winning a brownlow or two in the future...

If i had to pick a pair, i'd take Thomas and Pendlebury just ahead of Murphy and Gibbs...

What are your thoughts?

I said Foley but it was him or Murphy simply because they are hard in and under players as well as quick. Murphy got beat out though cause of his terrible foot skills.

All the others are reciever type players/softer players that need more space IMO. (Gibbs I am unsure on cause I haven't seen him play much since he plays for a team I have no care for at all)

I selected Brett Deledio just ahead of my next selection which would have been Daisy.
They've all developed nicely but Deledio stands out for me, from what i've seen he is now a go-to player but still struggles to show his full potential. With Trent Cotchin's latest form maybe deledio will lose his taggers and show his full potential.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Not even a competition, Pendles by many many many lengths.

agreed, Pendles oozes class and NEVER has a bad possession, everytime he touches the ball its quality and he runs hard also

they say Murphy is a poor decision maker, he turned down Brisbane to goto the Blues ;-)

I said Foley but it was him or Murphy simply because they are hard in and under players as well as quick. Murphy got beat out though cause of his terrible foot skills.

All the others are reciever type players/softer players that need more space IMO. (Gibbs I am unsure on cause I haven't seen him play much since he plays for a team I have no care for at all)

Agree with the terrible foot skill of murphy.... Have to totally disagree with the Thomas being a receiver/outside player... have you seen him play? he's not scared to go in and get it at all....

Having said all thay i went with Pendles... pure class.... enough said!:thumbsup:

murphy first for sure then pendles, followed by foley.. this poll things is cool how do you setup??

I initially pick foley but changing to deledio. Hes a gun averaging over 25 touches this year.
Thomas way over rated.
pendlebury a bit over rated has a good game every now and then.
gibbs can only get better wouldnt have him in my team at the moment.
foley gets a lot of the ball and but doesnt use it as well as deledio and doesnt provide any run out of the back plus deledio can go forward.
murphy the same as pendlebury good player and will be very good one day.

It's hard to take the goggles off and see beyond your own team, which is why I lean hard towards Deledio and Foley who I think are super, super players.

But I have a soft spot for Thomas. No, he doesn't get the hard ball, but he plays with such flair and skill and lifts his team mates with some incredible finishing touches.

A close second for me is Deledio based on this year's form. You can see how the game plan at half back involves getting the ball to him so that he can run through the guts and spot up a forward. Guys like Deledio and Thomas are what is saving the game from turning into the kind of uninspired crap St Kilda and Freo are putting on at this very point in time!

For me, the jury is still out on Murphy and Gibbs. The guys who are winning matches for Carlton right now are Fevola, Simpson, Carrazzo, Judd and, amazingly, Scotland. I'd like to see more weight on both these blokes -- it'll be interesting to see how durable they are in the years ahead.

Pendlebury? Phew -- a bit of an enigma. Reminds me of Dal Santo...good to watch but you can come away from a game wondering if he's really had an effect on it.

Back
Top Bottom