Who Should I Collect?

cowboys4lyf

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shawn
Hey guys,

No, I am not doing a mattbowen:lol:. I am looking to have a mini pc of a player who is from the 80's or 90's? I am looking at collecting a Crushers or a Chargers player? I am wondering who you say I should collect and why? I am open to all options except Andrew Johns as I don't like him and Wally Lewis was way better. Cheers, cowboys4lyf.

Mate im not sure you will find many cards of CRUSHERS or Chargers Players as these teams were only in the comp for a few years,
But good luck anyway

Yeah...... you may as well collect the whole team if it has to be Crushers or Chargers.

I reckon you've answered your own question collect The "King".....

There's plenty to collect and they are still producing new ones.

Ross

Why bother asking for suggestions if you've already got your mind made up about players, like with Lewis and Johns? Just make up your own mind! The Crushers and Chargers were both crapola, so it's not going to make much difference who you pick.

FYI, Johns and Lewis were both great players, but Johns could carry an otherwise hopeless side to the top four (contrast Newcastle's results with and without Johns in 2005, 2006, 2007), which Lewis failed to do at the Gold Coast. Both were the dominent rep players of their era (although Johns was never dropped from the Australian side as Lewis was in 1991).

---------- Post added 28-05-2010 at 06:07 PM ----------

I should add that it would be possible to come up with counter-arguments as to why Lewis was the better player (such as he won more origin MOTM awards ... although I reckon Johns didn't get a few he deserved, and he didn't play as many games) ... but to say one player is way better than the other is downright stupid, they were both brilliant!!!!

Why bother asking for suggestions if you've already got your mind made up about players, like with Lewis and Johns? Just make up your own mind! The Crushers and Chargers were both crapola, so it's not going to make much difference who you pick.

FYI, Johns and Lewis were both great players, but Johns could carry an otherwise hopeless side to the top four (contrast Newcastle's results with and without Johns in 2005, 2006, 2007), which Lewis failed to do at the Gold Coast. Both were the dominent rep players of their era (although Johns was never dropped from the Australian side as Lewis was in 1991).

---------- Post added 28-05-2010 at 06:07 PM ----------

I should add that it would be possible to come up with counter-arguments as to why Lewis was the better player (such as he won more origin MOTM awards ... although I reckon Johns didn't get a few he deserved, and he didn't play as many games) ... but to say one player is way better than the other is downright stupid, they were both brilliant!!!!

That is the only player I have my mind made up about. He is my least favourite player ever. It is also just an opinion. Which I am entitled to.

Were the Seagulls a previous name for these? I can't quite remember.
Anyway Dale Shearer was there, also played for ?Manly and Canberra.
Wayne Bartrim started with them then on to bigger things with the Dragons.
Martin Bella - what dogs fan will ever forget the GF knock on from the kick off against Canberra a few years earlier.
Chris Close also played with them.
A few were origin and Australian players so have a few cards about. Hope that gives you a bit more direction.

Were the Seagulls a previous name for these? I can't quite remember.
Anyway Dale Shearer was there, also played for ?Manly and Canberra.

Gold Coast have been Giants, Seagulls, Gladiators, Chargers and Titans. Shearer did play for Gold Coast and Manly but never Canberra.

Martin Bella - what dogs fan will ever forget the GF knock on from the kick off against Canberra a few years earlier.

I never get tired of seeing that :D

Back
Top Bottom