Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
Let me know what you think, and the reason why.

I've put my vote with big Elton Brand, the Clippers are looking at the #5 seed in the West playoffs, and the 6th best record in the league overall

Last year they were #11 in the west, and 19th in the league. They've improved 13 places this season and it's all because of Elton Brand.

PPG- 25.4 (career high)
RPG- 10.4
APG- 2.7
SPG- 1.10
BPG- 2.61 (career high)

Minutes- 39.8 per game (career high)
Field Goal- 52.3%
Free Throws- 79.0% (career high)

#2 in EFF
#5 in BPG
#6 in RPG
#7 in FG%
#8 in PPG

Last seasons stats (differences from last season and this season)-

PPG- 20.0 (+5.4)
RPG- 9.5 (+0.9)
APG- 2.6 (+0.1)
SPG- 0.77 (+0.43)
BPG- 2.09 (+0.52)

Minutes- 37.0 (+2.7)
Field Goal- 50.3% (+2.3%)
Free Throws- 72% (+9.0%)

Yeah Brand (one of my guys woot!) Has done well...
But you gotta see what else the other blokes are doing for other teams....

I'd like to see that before I made judgement...

Easy for me, probably biased, but it's who I'd take.

Dirk.

Sure, Kobe's helped bring the Lakers back onto the scene, but the same can be said for any of those guys... Without them, their team would be ****ed.

Since the MVP usually goes to the better teams, and all that jazz. I'd take Dirk before Duncan, and definately over Billups.

Hands down decision....

i like the way lebron,brand and dirk got there team this high but wade is playing with a miami roster that is:

hurting. williams has been injured all the time.
. shaq is not the man he used to be.
.mourning has a kidney problem

age. the age factor is catching up on the team thats why they need to get some young folks to play wid wade after shaq,mourning,payton,walker leave.

but overall wade is my man coz of his clutch game which lebron needs to work out. (etg like the skill competition in the all star game. lebron need to work on his clutch game to be a good player. for wade to be in the same category as lebron he must pratice on his 3 point shooting which will come later i think.)

By the end of the season I think LBJ will be up there, not quite MVP material yet, but almost there and I think he will claim it this year!

lebron james? are you kidding me? his team doesnt have the records outstanding enough for him to be mvp.. yes he's clearly his teams best by a mile, but not a player thats getting his team anywhere they havent been before = medicore..

for me its either nash/brand/billups..

why? cos their teams have good records and they're making a difference between what their team was, what they are, and what they could be...

im happy for any of those guys to win MVP well all but one KOBE sorry just dont like the guy but each to his own great player yes but not my cup of tea

I said it a couple of months ago. Elton Brand is a roughie, hes the heart and soul of the Clips and is the reason why they are playoff bound. Today was another example a monsted 2nd half against cross town rivals the Fakers, i mean Lakers.

Would be good to see a guy like Brand win it the guys putting up big numbers night in and out and the Clips form is showing that this guy deserves MVP status

I wonder who voted for Kidd! You're a legend!

Hey check out Shawn Marion's stats for today..

30 pts
20 rebs

and it's still going.

He's at the right team at the right time to be chucking up numbers like that.

kidd05 said:
I wonder who voted for Kidd! You're a legend!

Hey check out Shawn Marion's stats for today..

30 pts
20 rebs

and it's still going.

He's at the right team at the right time to be chucking up numbers like that.

i feel like he deserves MVP consideration, he's stepped it up while Amare's been out, but i felt there would be too much conflict about people saying Nash is the reason why he's good, he's unorthodox shot, etc. But he's career high in many of the statistical areas this year and if he isn't All-NBA 1st or 2nd i'll be very dissapointed.

But for all of you who don't think he can create his own shots and he only scores because of Nash.

Last Suns game:

Shawn Marion- Career HIGH 44 Points
Steve Nash- 4 assists for the WHOLE game

I'm gonna hope this poll runs till the seasons conclusion, as it continues to go, add your votes and your opinions.

Currently-
#1- Kobe Bryant (4)
#2- Elton Brand, Steve Nash (3)
#3- Dwyane Wade (2)

Shawn Marion, Chauncey Billups (0)

I feel the odd player out in this list is Billups. To be honest he is no where near MVP consideration compared to any of those other players. At the moment I still havent stuck my neck out, the depth in the NBA is huge at this moment in time, so I wouldn't be surprised if it even came from outside these players?

Shihad said:
I feel the odd player out in this list is Billups. To be honest he is no where near MVP consideration compared to any of those other players. At the moment I still havent stuck my neck out, the depth in the NBA is huge at this moment in time, so I wouldn't be surprised if it even came from outside these players?

how come you don't think Billups is in NBA consideration? He's being mentioned as one of the top 5 if not 3 contenders. His career year has lead the Pistons to a potential 65+ win season.

even though i dont like kobe...i think he will win MVP this season...i really think Brand should get it though...i mean the clippers are having a great season and he's a huge part of that....reminds me a bit like KG in 2004 when the T'Wolves had a break out year....but ill be interested to see the clips in the playoffs........do you guys think in the future there will be MVP awards for both the East and the West?...

Back
Top Bottom