WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
This is an updated thread for Magnetic 1-touch holders.

Have you ever wondered which holder you need to hold your prized PC cards safely in? Hopefully this guide will help you out.

As most may know, there are two main players in the game when it comes to Magnetic Holders. Promold & Ultra Pro.

They both support different sizes (point size) and also have a different look/feel to their holders.

Below are the sizes and what they're more suited to:

Promold MH1 Regular Size 20pt
Ultra pro Regular Size 35pt

Regular/Base Cards (includes most standard Printing Plates too)

Promold MH2 Thick 50pt
Thicker Base (example = 04-05 Topps Bazooka Gold Parallels)

Ultra Pro Thick 75pt
Promold 80pt

Regular GU/Thinner Patch Cards

Ultra Pro Thick 100pt
Regular Patch Cards

Promold MH3 Real Thick 120pt
Thicker Patches,

Ultra pro Real Thick Size 130pt
Pristine Thickness (Exquisites/Ultimate Premium Patches/etc)

Promold MH4 Real Thick 180pt (0.5 inch thick case)
Sweet Shot Sweet Spot Baseball Auto:

Please note, previous experience with these 180pt holders has caused damage to my cards.

As always, please let me know of any updates you find, and what cards you find best fit if I've missed them out.

Example scans will be up shortly.

Re: Card Protectors & Top Loaders etc....

would a plexiglass Upper Deck Glass AutoFocus fit into a 100 pt ultra pro 1 screw screwdown ??

a few days ago under 100pt screwdown u had "autofocus plexiglass" and now u have changed it so that auto focus plexiglass is under 130pt holder .. which is it??

if you went screw down it would fit in a 100pt case. in magnetic holders there are only 34, 50 and 130 in the market

Sorry for the confusions. I was changing the post, as more and more people are moving to Magnetic Cases, rather than screwdowns.

The Trilogy Plexiglass cards are best suited to the 130PT Magnetic's.

You can of course chose to go with Screwdowns and it will fit in the 100PT Case but it's not perfectly snug. The case wont screw all the way down leaving a gap around the edges. Stick with a 130PT MC.

Read the posts properly Timmy.... The top one states 130pt. The one just before yours says 130pt, BUT they will go into them, but the cases dont screw down properly.........

First things, DON'T DROP EM!!

But, should one "fall" from a stand/shelf, it SHOULDN'T bust open, they're pretty solid. They do take some prying apart to open up.

I'd say no, they won't, but it would depend on how far they're falling, what they're falling on to (concrete/wooden floors would most likely break them open, whereas carpet is pretty soft, and will take the fall).

Plus, they look a lot nicer.

Oh yeah, and screwdowns, I find that they can be over-tightened, and sometimes the card surfaces might "stick" to the holders. Leave it like that for 10-20 years, open them up, and the card might peel away from itself....

Card Zone in Victoria Street sell the Ultra Pro 100pt single screw downs for $2.50 each.

Picked some up tonight.

I have bought a lot of supplies from this ebay trader and found delivery very quick, and there is no problems with discounts on postage for multiple items.
http://stores.ebay.com.au/8088EDGE_CARD-ACCESSORIES-SUPPLIES_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ8QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Rob:)

I get them from westriot, that 8088edge guy... well, won't be there again! More than once he hasn't packed stuff right or he crams too much into a 500 gram bag and you get slugged an extra postage fee of $4 when you go to pick up!

ok well thats good to know as i was going to buy a few things from 8088....
i see now why the postage is cheaper than everyone else then.
i might buy a box and see what happens....they are pretty cheap.
a 'test the waters' if u will lol

Can anyone please help and let me know what the best "pt size" one touch holders are for "UD Chronology Stitches In Time" cards?

Thanks in advance :v:

thanks this helped me alot, Taz_Cardz WTF 12,686 posts. you are the most active guy i have seen on this site

Back
Top Bottom