Where will Jawai be drafted? Here are the odds

lockymac

Graded Mint 10 by GEM!!!
Real Name
Lachlan
eBay User
lockymac
Sportingbet has put up odds on where Aussie Nathan Jawai will be taken in the draft:

#31 to 45 Selection 2.90

#46 to #60 Selection 2.90

#16 to #30 Selection 4.00

Player not Selected in 2008 NBA Draft 5.00

#1 to #15 Selection 51.00

What do yu guys think?
NBADraft.net has him going in the late first round.

I'm not sure if someone will take a punt and give him a guaranteed contract. IMHO, he'll go early in the second round, where a team can make some more evaluations on him, and let him develop in the NBDL, Europe or NBL (if it still exists).

5. Ante Tomic, F/C, Croatia*

Another very productive player in Europe, Tomic has the size and skill to be an excellent high-post center in the pros. On talent, he's a late lottery pick.

But he is paper-thin, and scouts worry he'll get pushed around in the pros.

Even more troubling for NBA teams is the fact that Tomic still has two years left on his existing deal, without an NBA buyout. If he continues to play well in Europe, a late-first-round salary just won't cut it. Therefore, he might be better off as an early second-round pick. That way, if he develops, a team can afford to pay him.

Some teams believe Tomic will pull out of the draft, but don't count on it. His agent Marc Cornstein has scheduled a big team workout for him in New York after the pullout date.

Cmon I been waiting 2 years for Tomic :)

I hope he gets drafted, no matter where (probs early second round)...it'll be good to have another aussie in the league

its amazing how far he has come in such short time. i played against him about 3-4 years ago when he started playing in the under 23 comp, and at that stage he was big and had good hands but wasnt a real threat. his move to the AIS was a big help.

Jawai was listed at pick #28 on Chad Ford's mock draft versions 1 and 2 a few weeks ago. Since then he has released mock draft version 3, 4 and 5 and Jawai has slipped out of the 1st round.

Celts fans on some boards have been talking him up big time with our late pick and even going as far as saying he is better than Perk!

I don't know what they are seeing that I haven't seen so far from the guy.

In Chad Ford's latest Mock Draft this morning he has Jawai going with the 34th pick to the T-Wolves.

34. Minnesota Timberwolves

Nathan Jawai | PF | Australia
Jawai is another big body who can create space in the low post. He may return to Australia for a few years to keep developing before the Wolves decide to bring him over.

Jawai goes at Pick 41 to the Pacers.

He might get the opportunity of some playing time there at some stage given that Jermaine O'Neal is on his way to Toronto.

Congrats to the Aussie bigman for being drafted!

Jawai goes at Pick 41 to the Pacers.

He might get the opportunity of some playing time there at some stage given that Jermaine O'Neal is on his way to Toronto.

Congrats to the Aussie bigman for being drafted!

Not to mention Diogu on his way to Portland also! Seems like a fair amount of room has appeared in front of him :)

Back
Top Bottom