Whats with people called Mark Williams and choking signals?

jestero12

Banned User
Real Name
Umesh Rajadevan
eBay User
jestero12
Did anyone see Mark Williams choke signal?

Loved watching the Mighty Hawks come back to win, but as soon as he did that made me feel sick in the stomach....so feels like its gonna come back to bight us in the ass...

Hopefully we get a double chance so we can afford to lose to Port in the finals...just in case

I realise that Williams was probably imitating Chocos chokle signal after the 2004 Grand Final....but still, unnecessary...

if he wants to celebrate....he should bring back the shotgun!

It was to say what a comeback by the hawks and that the power are down and out dont think it had anything to do with williams in the grand final but it was still disgraceful

Would have been better if he didn't, he'll be quietly spoken to... but fact is Port CHOKED big time. Went to water as soon as Hawks pressured them.

Was a great game to be at :)

Would have been better if he didn't, he'll be quietly spoken to... but fact is Port CHOKED big time. Went to water as soon as Hawks pressured them.

Was a great game to be at :)

He wasn't 'quietly spoken to' at all, Clarkson singalled him out in the post match press conference and said that it was the shortest way to losing your spot in the team.

Port hardly chocked. Hawks turned it on quite simply. Port just stopped winning the ball. When teams choke they still get it, cough it up and miss shots at goal. Port hardly had any inside 50's later on.

Williams is a coaches fav alright. Guess whats on the whiteboard next time these two teams play.

But its about what we expect from this guy anyway.

Would have had more clout if he was right and he actually did something on the day as well rather than kick a token goal when the game was won.

I think losing a game you shouldn't (being 38 points up in the 2nd) is a choke... your tough guys went missing when the pressure was put on. Regardless of what Williams (hawthorn did) on the day... it (I agree) wasn't the right thing to do, but at least he wasn't a coach doing it... which in my book was worse and why I found it funny at the time.

Given the lack of respect the likes of Cornes and Tredrea paid their opponents last year in finals with their silly taunting actions... I don't think any Port fan has a right to say anything bad about Williams... pot kettle black ;)

but then such showmanship in poor taste is what we expect from Cornes and Tredrea anyway, right?

And I guess the only thing I can hope is it doesn't come back to haunt us like it did the Power last year.

I hear ya...all Williams achieved was puttng a lot of pressure on us after a great win...

For me, Buddy's celebrations, though arrogant, are as far as i would go.

Never give the opposition something to drive themselves with!

He wasn't 'quietly spoken to' at all, Clarkson singalled him out in the post match press conference and said that it was the shortest way to losing your spot in the team.

Of course Clarkson had to come out and say that. I'd have been unhappy if he didn't, doesn't change that he would have simply had a quiet word with Willo..

just shows that he is building a culture of respect at Hawthorn, rather than such disrespectful gamesmanship... but hey as Chad said it is probably something to expect from Willo (from time to time) and probably had more to do with sledging from the port players on the day regarding the game Hawthorn let slip last year.

I think losing a game you shouldn't (being 38 points up in the 2nd) is a choke... your tough guys went missing when the pressure was put on. Regardless of what Williams (hawthorn did) on the day... it (I agree) wasn't the right thing to do, but at least he wasn't a coach doing it... which in my book was worse and why I found it funny at the time.

Given the lack of respect the likes of Cornes and Tredrea paid their opponents last year in finals with their silly taunting actions... I don't think any Port fan has a right to say anything bad about Williams... pot kettle black ;)

but then such showmanship in poor taste is what we expect from Cornes and Tredrea anyway, right?

And I guess the only thing I can hope is it doesn't come back to haunt us like it did the Power last year.

Just in case you weren't sure and thought he was a Port boy slagging Williams, Chad's heart beats Red and Blue like mine AJ ;)

I like Clarkson as a coach...why didn;t Melbourne go with 1 of their former players dammit!

Just in case you weren't sure and thought he was a Port boy slagging Williams, Chad's heart beats Red and Blue like mine AJ ;)

I like Clarkson as a coach...why didn;t Melbourne go with 1 of their former players dammit!

Oh I know, but I think I was venting more at the Port fans on big footy lol

I kind of got side tracked lol

I'm actually worried about the game against Melbourne :(

Im a Port fan and even losing that game, still what a great game to watch! And as far as us choking i thought it was more hawks stepping up. You dont go undefeated for nothing. Was happy with the way the Power boys went. And as far as the chocking display at the end, i thought it was not on but hey gives the Power guys something for the next time to get them reved up!

He was only being honest......

Hey AJ, did you notice that as soon as they put the lights on, all the Power that was there, went to those, cos I don't think I heard a peep from those Port fans down our end... ha ha ha ha.....

He was only being honest......

Hey AJ, did you notice that as soon as they put the lights on, all the Power that was there, went to those, cos I don't think I heard a peep from those Port fans down our end... ha ha ha ha.....

:lol: I think you're def on to something there matey!

What a game to go to though eh? It had everything... I got goosebumps when Buddy snapped the goal to put us in front!

Hawks smashed them outta the centre...not a choke. Simply were out played, just like they outplayed the Hawks for the first half of footy.... Was always gonna happen, you cant keep that many good players dwon for so long..

Simple fact is Hawthorn played beeter footy when it was needed, Power couldnt counter it.

AS for the choking gesture.... Coming from a player who has yet to acheive anything in his career, and from a player of a club that hasnt done anything in 15 or so year, I found it quite funny.....

Oh, by the way Im not a power fan, Im actualy a Crow fan!

Back
Top Bottom