whats the newest best non sport boxes to buy

hosie

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Wayne
Ok what the best (newish) non sport box to buy at the moment
I will be keeping at least 1 box sealed for a few years at least
which boxes are likely to go up in price ?
Or which cards are cool
Is fringe be worth keeping? as I have a case sealed .
I was going to keep a few boxes as I just had a baby girl & wanted to keep something for her 18th
I have opened one box of fringe which I got before the case
the hits
A12
M7
M13

D06
D07

F01
F09
Not sure if I will break the boxes or just sell some off
As I am an X-files collector I have only collected x-files cards which I have master sets & full boxes, I dont collect Fringe & dont think its worth breaking boxes .

I am thinking about buying a box once a month or so to save for her & just want to know which knows to buy

that's a really hard thing to judge. Basically you want cards that won't get damaged from being sealed for a long period (this rules out chromes and possibly some foils). You also want something that is likely to get some sort of cult status, preferably among card collectors as well as generally. If you can find something that has a smallish print run now but may grow in the future, that's even better.

Here's some past boxes that have gone up in price:
> early Stargate: the show took off at about season 3 and the earlier boxes had the only RDA auto. However, I suspect these have gone down in price again as the show has stopped and later boxes had higher hit ratios
> early Buffy: as above and prices have definitely plummeted now
> LOTR evolution: first really high end sketch cards
> Marvel Masterpieces 1995: very unpopular at the time and most of the product was pulped (rather than being dumped on the market) so it is now hard to find

Personally, I think cards are a terrible investment, particularly if you are trying to hold for 20 years. Choose what you are actually interested in because the value is in the enjoyment.

Agreed with the above, not a great investment in absolute $$$ terms most of the time. If you definitely plan on doing it though, and i could be wrong, but i would stay away from TV shows mostly. Go for things that have appeal that spans decades. For me, since i only collect Marvel, i would say that, and it seems even boxes from the 90s with big print runs have held or risen in value. DC is probably similar.

Edit: damn i didn't know they pulped the MM95, whats the rationale behind this? Not devaluing future sets in the eyes of buyers?

Edit 2: Maybe big cult movie franchises like Harry Potter and LOTR might also be they way to go.

Its not really an investment as such , I just am after card that maybe someone will want in 20 years

I saw an interesting suggestion on another board once, autograph cards of child actors. They are usually very cheap and most will be worth nothing later but a few might be future stars.

Star Wars Galactic Files come out in 2-3 weeks. They look great, autographs from cast across all 6 movies and patch cards.

Star Wars Galactic Files come out in 2-3 weeks. They look great, autographs from cast across all 6 movies and patch cards.

i actually have some of these on order. I didn't do a group buy because they are ridiculously expensive (will come out at something like 120-130 per box) but i will probably make some boxes available and I will certainly be selling off some spares.

i actually have some of these on order. I didn't do a group buy because they are ridiculously expensive (will come out at something like 120-130 per box) but i will probably make some boxes available and I will certainly be selling off some spares.

Couldn't resist myself, have a case coming. Will post results and scans post busting.

Ok what the best (newish) non sport box to buy at the moment
I will be keeping at least 1 box sealed for a few years at least
which boxes are likely to go up in price ?
Or which cards are cool
Is fringe be worth keeping? as I have a case sealed .
I was going to keep a few boxes as I just had a baby girl & wanted to keep something for her 18th
I have opened one box of fringe which I got before the case
the hits
A12
M7
M13

D06
D07

F01
F09
Not sure if I will break the boxes or just sell some off
As I am an X-files collector I have only collected x-files cards which I have master sets & full boxes, I dont collect Fringe & dont think its worth breaking boxes .

I am thinking about buying a box once a month or so to save for her & just want to know which knows to buy

http://www.leaftradingcards.com/2012_leaf_pop_century.php

Back
Top Bottom