Whats the best football card you've pulled?

jestero12

Banned User
Real Name
Umesh Rajadevan
eBay User
jestero12
Mine is probably a Nick Dal Santo Signature Redemption from the Champions Series 2006.

Not that high up the chain, but not bad either.

Also pulled a Dale Thomas Wildcard recently, which would probably go for about the same.

Had a lot more luck with cricket cards though...have pulled a Donald Bradman Signature Redemption and a Neil Harvey Signature Redemption!!!

Maybe my football luck is still to come (ie 2008 Supreme) :)

I bought 1 box for 2002 Select Conquest for some obscure reason back then, from my local Newsagent. 1 of the 24 pack boxes, not the 36 packs. And I pulled 1 of each of the Triple Crown Autos, Matthew Lloyd and Michael Voss, each #/100 :D Odds of getting 1 of them was 1:42 boxes or something! (36 pack boxes)

Only box I have ever and will ever buy and I hadn't even bought packs or any footy cards since 1997 before that! And haven't bought any since! :blink:

Here they are, scanned before I sold them :)
VossTCSFront.jpg

VossTCSBack.jpg

LloydTCSFront.jpg

LloydTCSBack.jpg

That looks un-punched - you will be able to send in for another 1.

I'm pretty sure it is unpunched but I redeemed it through email and gave them the serial number on the card so pretty sure they will have a record of it.

Lazaridis signature is a good card to pull...especially on your only box...I got a grahem arnold legend signature...but i reckon the normal sigs are better...

Some of Mine :
Marques Colston Leaf Certified Materials EMERALD Auto 5/5
DSCF3616.jpg

Vince Young UD Premier Auto 12/15
DSCF3652.jpg

Trent Edwards UD Premier Auto 60/125
DSCF3512.jpg

Patrick Willis UD Premier Auto 110/125 - Defensive Rookie of the Year
DSCF3625.jpg

Earl Campbell Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Auto 4/5
DSCF3564.jpg

Mine was a 2006 Supreme Adam Goods Brownlow Auto Redemption which I busted. In the excitement, I sent the redemption card unregistered and some SOB stole it... IMO I think some dodgy Select employee owns it now.

Anyway, second best is a Daniel Peirce Rising star Auto redemption from last years AFL Supreme.

2005 chris judd teamcoach star wildcard.
got it in my first pack 4 days later pulled an aker.

sold the judd few days after the trade to carlton on ebay sold it for $170
sold the akermanis for $50

hey pruey nice thread.. we all like to brag about our pulls.

thats crazy about those triple crowns.. you no that means probably someone bought a case and got nothing..:) but 2 in one box that is crazy.. oh well gone for you..

For me i pulled a Kevin Bartlett HOF legend redemption from my first box i bought of supremes 07.. was pretty happy.. 1 of 110 cards.. pretty much paid for the for next two boxes i bought..

was a good legend to get out the four i could of get.. there was jock mchale, darrel baldock and bill hutchinson.. He is 2nd behind micheal tuck for most games played in the AFL/VFL history.. 400 ++ games..

kevin.jpg

Just got it redeemed the other day.... yer i know i should got it redeemed straight away for low numbers, oh well :) It went straight into my HOFS 96, 03, 07, collection..along with legends.. i bought the official folder for Select HOFS the other day.. they are pretty nice..

I have been told it is worth more than the medal redemptions.. ive had it valued at 450 dollars.. does that sound right to ppl..

Lazaridis signature is a good card to pull...especially on your only box...I got a grahem arnold legend signature...but i reckon the normal sigs are better...

Yeah, but the odds of an auto were 1 per box, so it was always going to be a signature from one of eight teams! It's a shame the Arnold (and other legend) autos are printed and not hand signed :(

oh no .. so it got lost in the mail or that is what u were told?
**** man ... thats devastating!!!

Yeah, thats what I was told by Select and Auspost... Its probably sitting in someones collection atm. I've definately learnt my lesson.

Whoops I meant Johhny warren...but yeah if they were handsigned (RIp!), then they would be worht a mint and desrvin of their 1:128 or whateva status...of all the sigs though, Lazaridis is a good one to get....

Cant believe i've been collecting football cards for so many years, and everyones best pull is far better than mine!!

I guess all my luck is tied in with the Hawkas this year!

Thats total bull**** with Select not returning the card though...you should be able to ring em up and track it down...i hate unreliable mail - but yeah registered all the way!

Back
Top Bottom