What's the best cards in Australia?

Is the list on the first page in order? I think some are a bit under-appreciated - eg Graham's Hill masterpiece being below a Kyrie and also the Wilt auto being so far down. I guess we'll all have differing opinions but any college uniform card to me has far less prestige than all time classic cards.
And while Slobby is annoying, his Pip PMG green surely has to be one of the best cards down here?
Funny you say that I actually had Graham's masterpiece higher. I dropped it because:
1. I was waiting for someone to accuse me having it to high simply because he's the bossman!
2. I started looking at some of the auto'd cards I would say they are a better card. I understand the history and relevance of the masterpiece

I agree with regard to the college stuff, but I have looked at it in terms of availability eg. Kierens 1/1 still better than something /25 or /50

The other thing I have tried to take into account is product.
eg. Exquisite/Flawless > Spectra

The Wilt AUto - How SP'd were these? That was probably what lowered it in my mind

Last edited:
Here is my Top 10 in order from cards listed so far

@Cobretti -Jordan Fleer buyback 1/1
@hairyangryfella 1961 Fleer Wilt Chamberlain PSA8
@Ersk - Jordan Exquisite Limited Logos 37/50
@hairyangryfella George Mikan 48 Bowman SGC60
@wasportsfan1 - David Robinson Ultimate Collection Auto Logoman
@hairyangryfella Ultimate Collection Quad auto - Jordan/Lebron/Kobe/Garnett 2/8
@Ersk - Wilt Chamberlain UD Inkredible Auto
@madwiggles Jordan/Kobe UD Black 2/5
@Cobretti -Kobe Flawless 1/1 JB Patch
@Rogerbid23 - Jordan Exquisite Patch Auto 7/50

Love the list, just for anyonme playing along at home I keep shuffling the list the more I look at it as well. I'm sure there are cards there I have undervalued or under appreciated. That's why I want to hear your opinions!

IMG_0011.jpg

Decided that I would add my other card that is still in my possession

How many other logoman cards with the logo from the All-Star game jersey are there in Australia

Rank it where you deem fit @Billyhoyle, I am just glad to have cards worthy of making the list.

IMG_0011.jpg

Decided that I would add my other card that is still in my possession

How many other logoman cards with the logo from the All-Star game jersey are there in Australia

Rank it where you deem fit @Billyhoyle, I am just glad to have cards worthy of making the list.
That's possibly the other part that could easily be overlooked, this is not just a standard logoman.

There was an example i saw on instagram the other day (for the life of me can't find it now) - Kobe Logoman with white stitching around it, turns out they only wore those jerseys for a small number games (a bit like @Cobretti's JB Patch)

Funny you say that I actually had Graham's masterpiece higher. I dropped it because:
1. I was waiting for someone to accuse me having it to high simply because he's the bossman!
2. I started looking at some of the auto'd cards I would say they are a better card. I understand the history and relevance of the masterpiece

I agree with regard to the college stuff, but I have looked at it in terms of availability eg. Kierens 1/1 still better than something /25 or /50

The other thing I have tried to take into account is product.
eg. Exquisite/Flawless > Spectra

The Wilt AUto - How SP'd were these? That was probably what lowered it in my mind

Can't quite remember but I think from both products that had Wilt autos there were 300 or less in total. It's also a $2k+ card and he's deceased, and was one of his only two certified auto cards. Well above a Kyrie or Kobe auto IMO.
Pippen PMG green top five too, and it's not on the list.
I see where you're coming from with the college 1/1, however again IMO it comes from a watered-down time, and many people would much rather something like a Jordan LL than a college auto (even if it's a 1/1), I know I would.

Can't quite remember but I think from both products that had Wilt autos there were 300 or less in total. It's also a $2k+ card and he's deceased, and was one of his only two certified auto cards. Well above a Kyrie or Kobe auto IMO.
Pippen PMG green top five too, and it's not on the list.
I see where you're coming from with the college 1/1, however again IMO it comes from a watered-down time, and many people would much rather something like a Jordan LL than a college auto (even if it's a 1/1), I know I would.

I'm up to @slobbythegreat in adding to the list (although I know his are all #1 in his eyes :p) that's why it hasn't appeared yet.

It's probably one of the things that I haven't taken into account enough - is the value (sale value) of the card. Although in saying that would completely change the order.

@banzini what do you have hiding!

@Roydngr I know you have some nice stuff!

Anyone want to complain about the order I have them in?

They may not be the best in OZ, but for me some of my best:

6D6DDEFF-5F23-4111-A5AC-9E312C7C572A_zpswhicnllc.jpg
null_zps6632b691-1.jpg
BCB80136-98DD-4496-A2D8-03421F008085_zpsmrqzszp9.jpg
null_zps0b6883b9.jpg
null_zpsd0596db6.jpg
null_zps8055a5c1.jpg

53809386-3364-4C6A-AE8B-56A8A2A0D265_zpsgg9euutq.jpg
BE4699F6-0235-4C50-A296-CDDAB1F2E66A_zpsjw05exxm.jpg
null_zps96cb6577.jpg
C5D4C7CF-035B-43B3-B161-2FEADC2BDEDD_zps1jgqstgo.jpg
3A0B4FA0-11A7-4B21-9364-873F557F36F1_zpselrfnxqb.jpg
B85D8B50-5DA1-4E80-B720-2A9BAE210571_zpsld5xzwrf.jpg
null_zps197877a3.jpg
null_zpsd4c28594.jpg

Need 2 more to get all 5 here:
screen-shot-2014-07-23-at-11-05-58-pm-png.97231

1/2 and 2/2 for both:
null_zps41c16412.jpg
null_zps9d7a3724.jpg
null_zps59d713d3.jpg
null_zps6de035e5.jpg

Soccer:
22ABCF27-0A0D-4934-8DAD-8FB4049EB981_zpsevxfrwm8.jpg
4357BEF8-3673-420A-9B82-011315F93273_zpsioa8mcwo.jpg
A1983500-6553-4B6A-87CB-C7FC0CCEEAFA_zpshlnatlqe.jpg

Non Sport:
Henry Kissinger 1/1 - pretty rare :)

null_zps9d6c6088.jpg

Thanks, hopefully didn't waste too much of your time looking!

Cheers,

There was an example i saw on instagram the other day (for the life of me can't find it now) - Kobe Logoman with white stitching around it, turns out they only wore those jerseys for a small number games (a bit like @Cobretti's JB Patch)

That was @spinotron I only saw his post regarding the stitching not the actual card though.

this thread is amazing to see the top cards in Australia but ranking is as tough as it gets! in this hobby the price is dictated by competition. it only takes two to make one seemingly average card go nuts in price.
a lot of the cards that you'd expect to sell for really high because of player combo / sp etc. may sell for peanuts because you have no buyer.
if the butler was live right now it would be #1. i recently sold my butler collection on ebay/ privately and for some sets i am getting the similar prices as AD23!
the mj buy back will probably hold value in the long run (i bum that card more than butler anyday) but right now you'd struggle to find a buyer. mj collectors love exquisite and so in an open market now exquisites will sell for more

this thread is amazing to see the top cards in Australia but ranking is as tough as it gets! in this hobby the price is dictated by competition. it only takes two to make one seemingly average card go nuts in price.
a lot of the cards that you'd expect to sell for really high because of player combo / sp etc. may sell for peanuts because you have no buyer.
if the butler was live right now it would be #1. i recently sold my butler collection on ebay/ privately and for some sets i am getting the similar prices as AD23!
the mj buy back will probably hold value in the long run (i bum that card more than butler anyday) but right now you'd struggle to find a buyer. mj collectors love exquisite and so in an open market now exquisites will sell for more
Please do not bum any cards haha

That was @spinotron I only saw his post regarding the stitching not the actual card though.
Thanks for the prompt he ad a photo of the jersey in action:

kobe.jpg

A keen eye forum user pointed it out me that Kobe logoman with white stitch around outside is extremely rare to see. I searched up and down the getty images and indeed prior to 04-05 when this card was issue, the only jersey with white stitch border logoman is 02 NBA Finals logoman as depicted in this picture. #Wow!!! Making that 04-05 Ultimate logos best #Kobe card ever hands down.

and this is the card in question:
kobe2.jpg

Just for anyone going - "what the hell is Crackberry on?"

yes we know he is playing like a star right now, but this is what his cards are doing also!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261725644276?item=261725644276&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

Back
Top Bottom