What is happening with NRL Cards/Tags?

It won't be something different when they do it again and again year after year!

I'd love for them to bring out something a bit different like the Scanlens set they had a few years ago, or as I said earlier, the 2003 jersey cards.

The problem is all these things (figurines, Champions series, and probably tags and stickers) are good the first time around, but they bring out the same thing again and again with only the players changing, it becomes a boring and repetitive.

I'd just be happy with some new ideas with the cards series, and some effort put into the Champions set, with a few signature cards thrown in. They did it in 2005, after all!

With select having to pay the players more and more money for there signatures I have a feeling you won`t see any signatures in the first set again as it cuts into there profit too much ....

I am afraid it is all about the magical $$$$$$$ not the collector ....

the tags are a shocking idea, and i think select in order to stay as australias leading football card makers, should make a change in the nrl sets especially. firstly changing the name of the sets would make a change and then you could change the look of the cards to something never seen before. half of the designers on this website would be better then selects current card designs, they need to change instead of the same cards year in year out. foil signatures are a big no no, they need to be gone. i dont mind the sketches and the gems, and i dont like jersey cards so i would like to see holographic foils brought back in. an idea would be to make 3d commons or foils, that could really get select some money. say for instance a sonny bill williams card would have had him doing a hit in 3d mode. that would be awesome.

okay ive finished my rant

omg i just cant wait for the 4th year straight of the gems , skecthes and foil sigs

hmm, yes. And they'll be running out of superstars on each team to put in the gem format. eg. Cowboys have already had Thurston, Bowen and Payne gemmed, the quality players are running out.

thanks for the info everyone.
I would pesonally like to see some sigs (not foiled) added to the "Champions!" set.
It will be interesting to see who is on gems this year!!!!

Just saw the add for these cards in the rugby league week. i was hoping that champion series would keep there sketch cards but no. two sets of gems superstars like last year and sensations this year and a diamond phenomenon card?? would like more info if anyone has any
cheers

no double troubles how crap

---------- Post added 17-02-2010 at 06:15 PM ----------

Image0063.jpg

i would have run the same set for the next nine years, cause it would look good to have 1 page full of gems. 2 pages full of sketches, 3 pages full of signatures. All in the 1 team that is. oh well time to find that other thread where we bag select....

As for the tags it looks like this is selects answer to tazo's... i hope they fit in the same ultra pro sleeves..

I would probably agree with dave, the green gem card (with the diamond) looks like Hayne to me. i also see Jamal Indris, Brett Morris and Nathan Merrit on the cards respectively. But i have no clue who is on the card in the top left corner...All i know is its a west tigers player (as i can see the logo)
Brplat

two sets of gems superstars like last year and sensations this year and a diamond phenomenon card

Just thought i would pull this down to answer Dave's question :thumbsup:
Taking a blind guess at it Hayne is on the diamond phenomenon card, morris is the superstar gem, i have no idea who is on the JDC - some titans player though obviously, i would probably say indris is on the common, leaving merritt to be the sensations, and the west tigers player (probably Galloway) to be a gem. Obviously not confirmed on that but it seems right to me

Back
Top Bottom