What do you do, when someone is selling your card on ebay?

Define what you mean by you having the card. Do you mean you have one just like it or that you have paid this same seller for that exact card just you have not received it?

I have this exact card and got it a couple of years ago from someone locally. Don’t recognise the seller.

Feedback shows sale wasn't followed through with
He might never have had the card in the first place?

So you have the exact same card in hand? Or another of the same card? It really helps to be clear otherwise people can give you the wrong advice.

i have the exact same card in hand. i’ve only posted this thread as it troubles me that there are people taking advantage of new/old collectors. It just ruins the spirit of the community.

Looks like the seller had sold it before and then refunded the money (see his feedback). Is it a case of the guy wanting a short term loan? Sells a card he doesn't have......uses the cash and then refunds later on when he has the cash again?

So the exact same card just different number in the run? If you have the card in hand - i. e in your possession (which it sounds like), there is nothing you can do. The seller has another card in that print run and can do whatever he likes. It really is not your issue.

However, if the seller is saying he has your card (identical print run number, grading registration, et Al) then that is another story.

Thanks taffester. Agree its not my problem but I thought I would raise this for awareness. separately imagine my anxiety when it was made known to me. I had to double check to make sure my card had not been taken/stolen even though the likelihood of that is extremely remote.

Sounds like they've photo-shopped an old sale and are trying to scam money. If you have the card in hand then there's nothing to worry about. You could try reporting them to ebay but then you have to prove definitively that you have the card in your possession - proof of purchase, proof of ownership.... Basically, you have to more evidence than they do for ebay to take action otherwise it's simply a matter of he said/he said.

You should report it to ebay. Open the listing and scroll to the bottom and click 'report.' The seller will probably tell the buyer it got lost in the mail and the buyer might report it as stolen. Best to get on top of it early.

Will do.

DB7DD320-3BE6-4E0F-AA37-8EE92FC62CC8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom