What basketball magazines do you guys/girls read?

I personally dont read basketball magazines anymore, you can get more up to date information on the internet, and it doesnt cost anything. I might occasionally look at the magazines at the newsagent to see if there is anything I have missed, but I wont buy it, I'll read it in the newsagent, or sit down in Borders and read it there.

Cheers
Rick

:)I read SLAM since i have a yearly subscriptions with them. But i on rare occasions i do buy handle when there is a poster of Jordan inside such as the Kobe issue this month with a Kobe/Jordan all-star poster.

I used to religiously purchase that basketball newspaper that stopped print a few years back.

i think from memory it was "Pro Basketball Today" or something like that...nice read always out on a Thursday from what i recall.

:)I read SLAM since i have a yearly subscriptions with them. But i on rare occasions i do buy handle when there is a poster of Jordan inside such as the Kobe issue this month with a Kobe/Jordan all-star poster.

i got a subscription to slam as well, cheap with the aussie $$ so high.

did ya see the nash issue of Handle, had a page with all the jordans pictured on it cause of theXX3's release.

I used to religiously purchase that basketball newspaper that stopped print a few years back.

i think from memory it was "Pro Basketball Today" or something like that...nice read always out on a Thursday from what i recall.

and it was only a $3.50 i fink, had box scores and all in it

I support the Aussie ones - handle and the new one, Hoopcity (MJ on the cover of iss 1). Both are bi-monthly and cheap and feature some decent interviews that you can't get online.

I have well and truly gone off SLAM and have never really liked any other US ones.

I used to buy PBT and One on One religiously too.

Is the Nash issue with the Jordan/Drazen olympics 92 poster?

PBT had nearly all their articles leeched from other global publications or newspapers. I use to collect every Jordan cover till when he retired the 2nd time in 98, i still have them somewhere in my folder too.

Is the Nash issue with the Jordan/Drazen olympics 92 poster?

PBT had nearly all their articles leeched from other global publications or newspapers. I use to collect every Jordan cover till when he retired the 2nd time in 98, i still have them somewhere in my folder too.

i fink it was, had all the jordan shoes in the back

The Jordan/Drazen poster was in issue 013, with Bogut on the cover.

The Nash cover that has all the Air Jordan shoes in the shoe section at the back, is issue 016. It has the Dwight Superman poster.

The Jordan/Drazen poster was in issue 013, with Bogut on the cover.

The Nash cover that has all the Air Jordan shoes in the shoe section at the back, is issue 016. It has the Dwight Superman poster.

thats right, should have just got up and checked the mag myself

hahahahaha

laziness is a curse

thats right, should have just got up and checked the mag myself

hahahahaha

laziness is a curse

I just wish they take more care in packaging my Slam magazine *sigh*. At the very least a padded envelop rather than surface mail.

they just send it in a sealed clean plastic wrap.

lol yeah i was shocked when i 1st received it, looked more like a advertising brochure;).

As well they haven't got the kind of glossy surface on their mag's as the one's in the newsagent stores.

SLAMs covers are thicker and glossy in newsagents but made with low budget covers for subscribers???

is that true......?
i dont like the new thin covers ive been getting in the mail, devalues the mag big time, not to mention the 70 pages of adverts i gotta dodge.

i have a huge One on One collection, used to buy it religiously, i still have them all somwhere, i loved the edition with Duncan and D-Rob on the cover as Men in Black.. i'll have to find it.

But yeah i generally get most my info form the net these days.

Plus i find this forum the best interactive location for all my sporting info world wide, god im such a suckup :)

Back
Top Bottom