We're a happy team at Hawthorn.

What a good win too it will be.

Beating the reigning premiers at THE HOUSE OF PAIN.....

Not quite mate, the game is in Tasmania !

As for tipping.....I tipped the Hawks then changed it when I put $20 on them to win......Grr won the money but not the Tip !!!

Well played Hawks - Too Good !

thats why it is the house of pain :D

from one of the local tassie papers:

Making Aurora a house of pain If Hawthorn wins today, its Tassie home may be
By ANGUS LIVINGSTON

ALL recent AFL premiership sides have had one thing in common - and it's not just great players.

A look at all the title winners since the turn of the millennium reveals each side has been almost unbeatable on its home ground.

The importance of winning at home underlines the need for Hawthorn to establish itself at Aurora Stadium.

The Hawks will play at least three games a year for the next five years at the old York Park, so they need to make it a home away from home.

The most recent grand finals have been won and lost by teams with impressive home records.

The Brisbane Lions' much-vaunted "Gabbattoir" saw many visiting teams slaughtered even before they stepped on the ground, building the foundation for their three premierships.

West Coast's "Fortress Subiaco" has been impossible for most AFL sides to assail, with only the Dockers feeling at home at the ground.

Even Sydney and Port Adelaide assembled fearsome records at their home grounds in their premiership years.

No one knows how to play the circular SCG like the Swans, while the crowd at AAMI Stadium intimidates teams and umpires.

Hawthorn has won nine of its 13 matches at Aurora Stadium.

The Hawks started with a 13-point defeat of Adelaide in 2001, and proceeded to win five out the first six games at the ground.

That run included a win over West Coast in 2003, but a series of losses - two to West Coast and one to Adelaide - brought the average down.

However the Hawks recovered with a win over Fremantle last season, and have now won four straight at the ground.

Their first game at the ground this year was a four-point win over a strong Geelong team and the signs have started to point towards a growing comfort the Hawks have toward the venue.

Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson said today's game would be a chance for his team to see how far the home ground advantage went.

"We know it's difficult for some of the Melbourne sides to go over to the West, but we'd love to think it's just as difficult for some of the other sides to come down to Tasmania and play us on our home turf," he said.

"We've got a good record down at Aurora Stadium, I think we've won nine of 13 games, and that's probably in a period where we haven't been a very dominant side by any stretch."

The Hawks have come under fire this week for the ugly nature of their win over St Kilda last week - described as one of the worst games ever played - but Clarkson maintains he will coach to win AFL games, even if it's ugly.

"We'll play the game as it pans out tomorrow," Clarkson said.

"We've got a responsibility to win. The last two games we've played against St Kilda (before last weekend) our supporters have gone home at quarter-time.

"They lasted until the end of the game this time and they left with a smile on their face."

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee're a happy team at Hawthoooooooooooooorn we're the mighty fighting hawwwwwwwwwwwwwks!!

OH YES WHAT A SWEET VICTORY!!!!!

I tipped Hawthorn (out of believing they would win, not out of team loyalty) and was there to enjoy the victory :D

Mitchell had a quiet one AJ, but Lewis would have to be up their and i think Sewell will get some votes aswell. Judd didnt play that bad lol, 1 man can only do so much, remember he gets heavy tags week in week out and still manges to gather 25 + Possies.

Hawthorn have a great crop of players:
Sewell, Lewis, Franklin, Young, Boyle, Mitchell, Hodge, Crawford, Brown, McGlynn.
I was close to putting McGlynn in my dream team at the start of the season but i ended up doing something else but this kid HAS MASSIVE POTENTIAL. :worthy:

Mitchell had a quiet one AJ, but Lewis would have to be up their and i think Sewell will get some votes aswell. Judd didnt play that bad lol, 1 man can only do so much, remember he gets heavy tags week in week out and still manges to gather 25 + Possies.

Hawthorn have a great crop of players:
Sewell, Lewis, Franklin, Young, Boyle, Mitchell, Hodge, Crawford, Brown, McGlynn.
I was close to putting McGlynn in my dream team at the start of the season but i ended up doing something else but this kid HAS MASSIVE POTENTIAL. :worthy:

MItch didn't do as much today, but he has been awesome most of the year :D

i feel a rise in some melbourne teams. hawks, roos, cats. now all we need are the blues, dees and tigers to play 4 qtrs and interstate teams wont know what hit them.

way to fuk my $200 multi hawthorn u useless buch of shits.....WORST TEAM EVER :blink:
my olny savior is the $150 i've had on swans to beat dogs by under 39.5 if that happens im even for the day.

Browny had a few things to say ;)
browny.jpg

Chance tried hard early, captain for the day :)
chance.jpg

One fan looks a bit pensive...
pensivefan.jpg

Let the second half begin....
2ndhalfbounce.jpg

after a Hodgey goal in the 3rd...
celebratinggoal.jpg

some ruck work...
ruckcontest1.jpg

and finally the end is beautiful....

crawfthanks.jpg

Cheers folks. Just a few pics I took today.

way to fuk my $200 multi hawthorn u useless buch of shits.....WORST TEAM EVER :blink:
my olny savior is the $150 i've had on swans to beat dogs by under 39.5 if that happens im even for the day.

Actually I'd say that was YOUR mistake... or perhaps the EAGLES are a bad team. After all, THEY lost, we WON! :D :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom