Ways to get cards hand signed

mattbowen

Cowboys Collector
Real Name
Kurt
eBay User
debbi7977
Hi guys.
I was just wondering how you get your cards signed?

I use to hold a big pile of cards and fumble through them to find the player.

I now have a normal writing book and blue tack the cards in there, a player per page. I find the book a heap better, as its so easy to sort through and find the players. Just memorise where each player is (I sort them out from there jersey number and position, such as fullback is on page one)

How do you get your cards signed???

mattbowen

I just hold on to the cards and get out who ever is signing.

I've seen people clip their cards around the edge of a board but I wouldn't do that as you'd probably ruin the cards with the clips.

I hold the pile, one pile in each pocket for both teams, all cards in alphabetical order, and the commentators at the back of the away teams pile. Straight into my bag when they are signed, then into sleeves at the end. Its hard sometimes as they all come out at the same time though.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Hey victor are you going to the Raiders/Dragons game next Saturday night? I am, its the next game Im going to. Looking to get a few Raiders autos there too.

I usually put all of my players in individual card sleeves. You can normally fit about 5,6 and sometimes 7 cards in the one plastic sleeve. Instead of shuffling through 50 cards you are only shuffling through 12 sleeves with each player in it.

I go for quality rather than quantity..........I might only get 6-8 cards autographed at a Broncos training run.........cause trying to get too much done leads to smudges and players refusing to auto cards.

I have seen some players refuse to sign cards because they have formed the opinion that person is selling the cards.

I have a lunch box with 25 count plastic boxes in there, current players, past players and old cards in case I run across someone that I need like Wally Lewis, Mal Meninga, Andrew Gee etc.........My daughter usually goes with me and we might only have a few cards each, once auto'd they go back in the box and into premium sleeves when I get home.

The choice of pen is important, I use the Sharpie CD/DVD markers and only use them for two signing sessions then replace...........really its personal choice, do whatever works for you I suppose.

I use a Sharpie as well. I think the pen REALLY matters. Bad pens will lead to very poor sigs, smudging or a very light sig that is very hard to see.

I like the idea of the box with the players you need tak35bne

I have a few cards per player, usually 1-3 but sometimes 6 :woot:
I have also seen players only sign one card if a person has 10 or more cards. You can just tell the people who are going to sell the cards. They have 10 or more of the same card getting signed. I have one card from each series (eg- one classics, one Telegraph, one champion)

Everyong has there own way of doing it I guess.

I uased to use Sharpies, Not any more since I was told about "Staedtler Lumocolor 352". They dry very quickly and do not bead like Sharpies do on glossy finished cards. They also don't dry out as quickly as Sharpies.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

After collecting autographs for about 20 years, The biggest tips I can give are:

1. If there is plenty of time, Make a point of letting the kids go 1st (You would be surprised at how much some players appreciate this gesture)
2. PATIENCE
3. MANNERS

One thing BLADE, I am a kid and there are also very nice people who let me go first. It is very true that the players do appreciate it. They always go to them straight after me. Also, I hate the people who just say "CAN YOU SIGN THIS!!!"

I say "Hi _________, how are you? CAn you please sign __________." I then say thankyou.

Also, you do need patience as there can sometimes be many people raiding one player. Poor Players!!!!

Thanks guys. I just cant wait to meet the Cowboys in Rd 26 :):) Especially Webba nd Tronc as they may be leaving (BUT MAINLY BOWEN!!!)

Also BLADE, love the pic of you :)

[/COLOR]Hey victor are you going to the Raiders/Dragons game next Saturday night? I am, its the next game Im going to. Looking to get a few Raiders autos there too.

Yes, I'll be there. Should be a good game. I'll be trying to get my Raiders classics signed and hopefully a few Dragons too.

Back
Top Bottom