Wanted 1970, 1974 or 1979 Scanlens League Cards

They're not the greatest cards but I have #120 Dave Chamberlain - Cronulla (crease across card), #137 Graeme Hughes - Canterbury (LD written in top left corner)

On another topic, did you see the bloke at the markets re the 1970 cards? Eccentric would be the nicest way to descibe him!

Hi,
Did see a fellow at Blacktown Markets, but he was only selling newer cards (after 2003) + tazos and the like. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but did see his stuff on his table, he looked like a bit of a hillbilly. Is that the bloke?

Yep, that'll be the bloke. Scruffy looking, stall as disorganised as hell, with folders of cards just thrown into boxes. Look through the folders though and you'll find the cards you are after (very overpriced though). I haven't been to Blacktown but know he's there. He's also at Fairfield markets every Sat.

Yeah i sent someone to scope him and his cards out and was told his cards look ratty yet he wanted top dollar for them. I wouldve made a trip down there if it sounded any good.

He does have some very good cards, you just have to sort through all the stuff. And he really wants WAAAAAAY too much for them. eg wanted $50 for 1977 Langlands card in 7.5 out of 10 condition.

The guys name is steve and he is a nutter!!!!!!!!!!! he thinks he knows eveything about cards and lectures anyone that ask him a question or trys to charge OVER price on anything he has.... STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY

Hi...I have 230 Scanlens Rugby League Player cards from the 70's.
They are in good condition and I would like to sell them.
Cheers
Dono

Hi,
Did see a fellow at Blacktown Markets, but he was only selling newer cards (after 2003) + tazos and the like. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but did see his stuff on his table, he looked like a bit of a hillbilly. Is that the bloke?

where are these btown markets i live close and want to go

Dan,
The cards mentioned at the top of this thread mostly went on ebay months ago.
Re Blacktown Drive-ins markets, you may get a surprise as it's your "good mate" Steve from Fairfield markets.

Back
Top Bottom