Valuing 1994 Select Gold error cards?

motor_headv8

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
motor_headv8
Hi All,
I'm looking at valuing these for sale. Not sure of the best way to do this? I have checked ebay sales but can't find any sales of these error cards.

Cheers for any advice!

20221206_090554.jpg

20221206_090734.jpg

I dont think these are error cards

These look like an overrun of the cards used in the signature series

I would think from a production point of view they would've printed all of the gold cards like this (even though all didn't have signature cards) as it would've been easier to just keep printing the original sheets

So if that is true i would say the unsigned sig cards of the cards that actually signed (Dunstall, Modra, Kernahan) might be quite rare as most would've been used for signature cards.

The others would've been quite plentiful at one point, as they would've had the same quantity printed but not had any signed ones

not sure on an actual value though as its unknown how many there actually are, maybe between $20 - $50 would be my guess?

I dont think these are error cards

These look like an overrun of the cards used in the signature series

I would think from a production point of view they would've printed all of the gold cards like this (even though all didn't have signature cards) as it would've been easier to just keep printing the original sheets

So if that is true i would say the unsigned sig cards of the cards that actually signed (Dunstall, Modra, Kernahan) might be quite rare as most would've been used for signature cards.

The others would've been quite plentiful at one point, as they would've had the same quantity printed but not had any signed ones

not sure on an actual value though as its unknown how many there actually are, maybe between $20 - $50 would be my guess?
I can't remember if I pulled any of these from a packet but they were hard to come by. Even card shop owners back then didn't seem to be astute enough to make a point of the difference compared to the standard gold cards.

I can't remember if I pulled any of these from a packet but they were hard to come by. Even card shop owners back then didn't seem to be astute enough to make a point of the difference compared to the standard gold cards.
He’s right. They weren’t error cards. My understanding, the product was so popular, but select didn’t have any of the gold cards left, so inserted the unsigned signature cards. Still rarer than the full gold ones and worth more, but not errors. I think I saw some sell for $40-$50 not long ago…

Back
Top Bottom