upperdeck not liked??

forcefedcc

If your 555 then im 666
hey guys and girls just heard a few of you talking about how shit upperdeck are..why do people say that?..im sure we all have our favourite card manufacturers/series but im just wondering why is the biggest name in our hobby shit? :?

Don't think they are shit, just think that you have to be very lucky to pull something very good. Most of the time if you start off with an average box, you get an average break in total. But thats just from my personall experience. UD are also pretty pricey, when you can get cheaper Fleer products with twice as much goodness and loving! :p

That begs the question of how Fleer products will go when UD releases them?

Its not shit, its just that they are one stingy company, but I guess that is why they aren't out of business, and Fleer is. Personally, from the average price of UD boxes, you can get two Fleer boxes, with twice the Auto and twice the GU, that is why people like Fleer because its cheap and also you will get autos and gu. UD boxes have on average one auto and some people are just unlucky and stumble on Shane Battier, which he sure doens't get hobby love, and people just don't like getting Shane Battier all the times so that is why they say UD is shit. But , as people always say, UD is a hit or miss product.

I say UD is a nice product, but breaking boxes is just a real hit and miss affair. You either pull the big money cards, or you pull a Shane Battier GU :lol:

Other products like Topps seem to have a more even spread of decent cards - but you are never going to pull a Lebron or MJ Auto from Topps. Whatever you are aiming for I suppose :)

I have to agree with the some of the comments made...i have had some shocking upperdeck box breaks and usually a good box has consistancy and a shit one will not suddenly have a sick card in it...thats what ive experienced though...cheers for the replies :D

I think to answer this just look at this years SP Game USED, it included players like Kevin Willis and Lucious Harris! Excuse me but WHO. How disapointed would you be if you bought just one pack and pulled one of those guys

Billyhoyle said:
I think to answer this just look at this years SP Game USED, it included players like Kevin Willis and Lucious Harris! Excuse me but WHO. How disapointed would you be if you bought just one pack and pulled one of those guys

I have to agree... Why bring back players for Patch Cards like these who were never really considered players that people chased for Collections...

And I agree with Graham, busting any product is always a hit/miss situation.

Topps tend to have more than average players in their packs, where as busting out $200 for a couple of Small-Time players is not really a great hit....

Back
Top Bottom