Upcoming Card Shows In Perth, WA (AFL, Teamcoach, Select etc.)

can anyone shed some light on card shows in Perth?

Bwhahahahaha!

Being a Perth boy that now lives in Melbourne I can say......THERE ARE NONE!

Well not any REGULAR ones anyways! I attended MANY in NSW but never one in Perth :(

Talk of a card show has been going for years but nothing has eventuated from it (yet).

I find it amusing we have a few card stores over here and yet we are probably one of the only states that don't run any card shows; cloest thing we have is Nexus I think and that isn't very good from what I've heard NBA wise; not sure on other cards.

Time to get one going guys!!! :D

I find it amusing we have a few card stores over here and yet we are probably one of the only states that don't run any card shows; cloest thing we have is Nexus I think and that isn't very good from what I've heard NBA wise; not sure on other cards.

Time to get one going guys!!! :D
Heres my take on this. from what I know we have 2 hobby shops - 1 'NBA' Shop and a couple of market guys. I run a trade day the second Sunday of each month and the 'NBA' shop does similar. judging by the turn outs at these events it would really not be all that viable to put one of these on. (Far too many WA peeps staying at home and not getting out to support local trade days.)

It takes a lot of coordination and the willingness of the above parties to work together to bring the show not to mention $$ invested. I currently do not see that happening. Firstly far too much infighting and Bit**ing going on. Secondly WA collectors need to start showing some support at your local card and hobby shops and I may consider putting an event on. Those of you that know me; I am here for the hobby and will do all i can to get it strong once again. But i will not commit my time and money to put on an event when i do not see the value in doing so.

Since opening my Shop in October i have been working hard to get Australia the best deals possible. Being the only Paniini Direct Hobby shop has been a great start. Currently i am talking with the other major distributors for similar deals. I am doing my part to support the hobby and its collectors.
Happy to field comments etc... Just my thoughts :)

Heres my take on this. from what I know we have 2 hobby shops - 1 'NBA' Shop and a couple of market guys. I run a trade day the second Sunday of each month and the 'NBA' shop does similar. judging by the turn outs at these events it would really not be all that viable to put one of these on. (Far too many WA peeps staying at home and not getting out to support local trade days.)

It takes a lot of coordination and the willingness of the above parties to work together to bring the show not to mention $$ invested. I currently do not see that happening. Firstly far too much infighting and Bit**ing going on. Secondly WA collectors need to start showing some support at your local card and hobby shops and I may consider putting an event on. Those of you that know me; I am here for the hobby and will do all i can to get it strong once again. But i will not commit my time and money to put on an event when i do not see the value in doing so.

Since opening my Shop in October i have been working hard to get Australia the best deals possible. Being the only Paniini Direct Hobby shop has been a great start. Currently i am talking with the other major distributors for similar deals. I am doing my part to support the hobby and its collectors.
Happy to field comments etc... Just my thoughts :)

I rarely come to trade days as I really don't have anything to trade these days. But I get what you're saying. Just would be nice to go to a card show again; haven't been to one for soooooooooooooooooo long! :(

I rarely come to trade days as I really don't have anything to trade these days. But I get what you're saying. Just would be nice to go to a card show again; haven't been to one for soooooooooooooooooo long! :(
I hear ya. Will have a serious look at this towards the end of the year. :)

Will have a chat with a few friends of mine when I am at the US Nationals in August. try to get a few international guys involved as well as the manufacturers. Also have a few contacts for retired sports guys that may make the trip. I would be interested in looking at coordinating Aus/NZ tour. Anyone keen come back at me for a chat.

If you are looking for a venue to hold an AFL trade day and you organize with other collectors when to hold one, you are more than welcome to use A1 cards and gaming as a venue.

We always have 20+ seats and tables set up, all indoors, a reverse cycle air con for Hot or Cold days and it is all available if you can organize other traders to meet up with you :thumbsup:

I have a few local AFL collectors that are keen to join in if you are :)

A1 Cards and Gaming has now expanded to roughly 100 square meters for more trading and gaming space :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom