Up your Big W!

Trey

David Robinson Collector
Real Name
Marty
eBay User
admiral5071
for the last time, I'll get excited flicking through a Big W advertisement!

as Im moving out in a month, I noticed a victa lawn mower for $130 bucks off...I thought sweet

I get up there after work, and they had sold out...so I ring 15 different stores in NSW, all out...makes me wonder if they actually had any to begin with.

I also noticed that they have a policy that if its out, they'll offer a similar product, but they wont budge...bastards!

call other stores including bunnings ,good guys , harvey norman, bing lee and see who will price match,(keep the ad).

I have a friend that used to manage the K-Mart near here and she said that sometimes (not all the time) they would advertise stuff with the full intention of not having it in-store but customers would come in looking for the whatever it is, not find it and then the shop assistants would "recommend" a similar product the store was trying to clear.. It's dodgy brothers..

Thats a bugger, we saw the same ad and were hoping to buy the same mower too!

Who the hell doesn't have a dead lawn anyway???

If you were in Melbourne I'd be able to help you out.

I miss fresh mowed lawn smell.

chad thats not funny, i have mowed mine 2 weekends in a row and it keeps raining here and my grass is going nuts , i will have to cut it again this weekend (i have never seen anything grow like it).

Hey trey, I will check in Shepparton as I am driving to the Gold coast late next week and could meet you somewhere on the way and drop it off if it is in stock here

Who the hell doesn't have a dead lawn anyway???

Me.

Every day I carry at least 8 ten-litre buckets out onto the front lawn from our washing machine (five person family = washing every day).

It is as green as the day is long, to the point where if you walk on it, your foot sinks into it a good ten centimetres. It's in better nick now than it was before the restrictions!

Me.

Every day I carry at least 8 ten-litre buckets out onto the front lawn from our washing machine (five person family = washing every day).

It is as green as the day is long, to the point where if you walk on it, your foot sinks into it a good ten centimetres. It's in better nick now than it was before the restrictions!

Man, how big is your washing machine?

Im doing the same at my house, but no way is the grass saying alive

It stopped raining in T'ville a couple of weeks back, finally. But as I was driving home from picking my son up (from his job at BigW) the rain started again. Mowing is a weekly event here as well.
I will ask someone about the mower. Let you know.
Will have dig around the house for the brochure.

Man, how big is your washing machine?

Im doing the same at my house, but no way is the grass saying alive

Ours was a healthy lawn before it all, though. Never brown or yellow-ish. Always green, so I suppose it is easier to maintain it than to build it up.

Plus, it takes vigilance. All up, there is a minimum of 100 litres per day (5 x 10 litre buckets per cycle. 2 x cycles per wash) a day, every day.

Works a treat, and I reckon I could even be getting some definition in my shoulders these days from carrying the bloody things out there! :D

for the last time, I'll get excited flicking through a Big W advertisement!

as Im moving out in a month, I noticed a victa lawn mower for $130 bucks off...I thought sweet

I get up there after work, and they had sold out...so I ring 15 different stores in NSW, all out...makes me wonder if they actually had any to begin with.

I also noticed that they have a policy that if its out, they'll offer a similar product, but they wont budge...bastards!

They usually only have 1 or two at each store to get you in the door !

chad thats not funny, i have mowed mine 2 weekends in a row and it keeps raining here and my grass is going nuts , i will have to cut it again this weekend (i have never seen anything grow like it).

Same here - That's Sydney for ya !

well this gets more interesting...

went into the penrith store - there sign was different to my local one.

it apologised that they didnt have any stock, and that the saving wasnt $130 but only a $10 or so reduction...very odd...very sus!

haha i got done as well. We are moving out in a few weeks and i couldnt believe the price but it was too good to be true. Guess ill have a look at bunnings on the weekend. But let me know if you find a cheap one anywhere

well this gets more interesting...

went into the penrith store - there sign was different to my local one.

it apologised that they didnt have any stock, and that the saving wasnt $130 but only a $10 or so reduction...very odd...very sus!

they usually dont have many of big sale items, i always had to deal with irrate customers who wanted rainchecks on like $50 bikes and stuff when i worked at K-Mart (K-Mart penrith actually ;)), you gotta get their early!!

a raincheck is when the store will get you the same product (or comparable) at the same as the advertised price, thats why a lot of really cheap stuff has "no rainchecks" next to it

Back
Top Bottom