UD Baseball Exquisite/Ultimate Redemptions...

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Upper Deck Unveils a Truly Innovative Exchange Program, Delivering Extraordinary Value to Collectors

First Collectors to Pull Lucky Exchange Cards Will Have First Choice at Prizes

Carlsbad, CA – (December 17, 2007) – Dual autograph cards have been a favorite in the hobby for a number of years, but some of the most sought after have been of legendary personalities who are now deceased. Upper Deck is proud to release the Mystery Dual Cuts Exchange Program where lucky collectors will have the opportunity to own some of the best dual cut autograph cards ever produced.

Collectors who pull these winning exchange cards from 2007 UD Ultimate Baseball, 2007 UD Black Baseball or 2007 UD Exquisite Rookie Signatures Baseball will receive one of these very special cards. To create additional excitement about the program, collectors will be able to choose which card they will receive on a first come, first serve basis. Therefore, time is of the essence for collectors in terms of receiving some of the most intriguing cards.

The list of cards available represents some of the most captivating personalities in the hobby, paired with their equally amazing counterparts. The entire list of cards available is shown below:

Ronald Reagan & Mikhail Gorbachev
Robert Kennedy & Jimmy Hoffa
Frank Sinatra & Dean Martin
Albert Einstein & Thomas Edison
Roger Maris & Babe Ruth
John F. Kennedy & Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Clark Gable & Vivien Leigh
Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers
Marilyn Monroe & John F. Kennedy
Johnny Cash & Elvis Presley
Walt Disney & Charles Schultz
Winston Churchill & Franklin D. Roosevelt
Princess Diana & Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
P.T. Barnum & Charles Stratton (Tom Thumb)
King George V & Queen Elizabeth I
William Gilbert & Sir Arthur Sullivan
Douglas MacArthur & George S. Patton
Ozzie Nelson & Harriet Nelson
Robert E. Lee & Ulysses S. Grant
Jack Dempsey & Floyd Patterson
Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz
Al Jolson & George Burns
Art Carney & Jackie Gleason

Each of the cards will be 1/1 cards and lucky collectors who pull them will be sent to a special website to see which cards are remaining and select from there. To date, none of these cards have been redeemed even though the program began in stealth with the release of 2007 Ultimate Collection Baseball.

“This is without a doubt one of the most amazing programs we have ever created for our products,” said Joe Fallon, Director of Product Development for Upper Deck. “These are cards that collectors and hobby enthusiasts can get excited about. These are some of the best dual autograph cut cards we have ever created. Through this program, we are excited to deliver fun and value to our products for some lucky collectors.”

2007 UD Ultimate Collection Baseball includes three of these special cards and the product has been in the market since mid-October. 2007 UD Black Baseball is set to release Wednesday, December 19th and it will include ten of these exchange cards. 2007 UD Exquisite Rookie Signatures Baseball will release on January 9th and also include ten Mystery Cut exchange cards randomly inserted into packs.

Some unbelivable cards on this list!

The Cash/Elvis would be a beauty to own....as would the Einstein/Edison and the Churchill/FDR and the JFK Monroe card....

man that is an amazing list! i wouldnt mind that walt disney & charles schultz or the Einstein & Edison. cant forget the Cash & Elvis, thats crazy!

Dont really know how these guys fit in with sport...but a very good concept indeed!!

The Sinatra/Martin one would be cool....

I'd like GAI to take a look at the sigs first though with UD's track record of cut sigs from deceased people.

Thats one hell of a list though! Hard to point out the best ones there. Evil Ronnie even made the list and I'm not so much of a fan of that one.

Amazing how UD come's up with some sweet concepts from out of nowhere.They should now bring that kind of program to basketball. I wouldn't mind a James Jordan(MJ 's late father):D paired with Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlains dad lol:thumbsup:!!!!!!!

Great auto's but why would baseball card collectors want auto's of non baseball people :blink:. They could argue its a new concept to drive sales and attract new customers etc but in the end of the day you bust a pack of a sport for that sport not a Gorbachov auto :lol::lol::lol:

Great auto's but why would baseball card collectors want auto's of non baseball people :blink:. They could argue its a new concept to drive sales and attract new customers etc but in the end of the day you bust a pack of a sport for that sport not a Gorbachov auto :lol::lol::lol:

Hardball is one of the most popular sports in America and they are in love with there movie stars as well. Therefore ain't suprised UD used this concept to attract sales. The sport is so ever popular that even MJ decided to give it a go in the minor leagues.

What i mean is that it would be better if UD used auto's of old baseball coaches and legends instead of politicians and stars - it would be more fitting.

What i mean is that it would be better if UD used auto's of old baseball coaches and legends instead of politicians and stars - it would be more fitting.

Nah suits me fine!!!!

Past greats and coaches is a lame concept and has been done too many times.

Back
Top Bottom