Trying to breath life into the mixer concept

Ozsportsfan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
Hi guys. This may be trying to do the impossible and beating the same old song (add other cliche). I'd like to try and help cherry get a mixer going. I have seen the numerous threads where it has failed for various reasons but I am an optimist.

From what I have seen the following teams are PCed - Bills, Packers, Chargers, Ravens, Rams, Seahawks, cowboys, Raiders

Am I missing any others?

Without even considering product, teams with the big chase cards (not listed above) for years 2012-2014

Browns, texans, jags, Vikings , bucs? Lions? Panthers? Saints?-2014

Vikings, steelers - 2013

Colts, Redskins, dolphins? - 2012

Just trying to gather info to attempt the impossible of a model that keeps everybody satisfied. All help is much appreciated (rather than saying it won't work)

Yeah rusty I realise that. Am attempting this with a peg on my nose lol. Saw how successful the division concept was and thought it might be able to be tweaked to have more involved

Some progress. Depending on the year of product, I'd suggest randoming off the big teams e.g browns, colts (2012), jags, Vikings?. I'd see it as an option to buy into the randoming of these (buy the other teams individually). Just brainstorming out loud as on holidays. Probably also helps that I am just a collector lol

Its a tough one as due to the cost everybody would be looking to get something back, that is probably why most people do box/case breaks with the US guys as it usually works out cheaper. As someone once said "you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time!!"

That is true. slightly off topic question . What do people in oz usually spend on breaks? Or maybe what breaks? E.g random, teams, mixers?

I think the key is, with limited funds for collecting (though people's limits vary I'm sure), a number of us just want to get our own teams, and this pretty much kills randoms and even divisions breaks for many, myself included.

Say for example the recent OCT Finest division break, I could have picked up the NFC WEST for $150. For that sort of cash, say US $135, I could have bought nearly 38 Rams spots in Finest breaks elsewhere at $3.50 a pop as opposed to the 8 Rams shares I would have got in the break here. Yes, I would have got stuff from other teams, but it's tough to move NFL stuff here or even on ebay and recoup any sort of value. As it turned out I think there were only a couple of NFC west hits and they were Cardinals, not Rams, so wouldn't have been a good result at all.

So for me at least, I'd rather buy a bunch of breaks every now and then of my team, pick up some hits if I'm lucky, get all the base RC's etc included and have the occasional freebee random spot thrown in, get reward points to redeem for real money that equals more breaks, and be put in random prize draws rather than take the risk with a single $150 roll of the dice and possibly end up with nothing I need.

Don't have the answers, but I think NFL will always be a tough sell on here with such a limited following and kudos for Cherry for trying, but from a teams collectors point of view, I don't think the breaks so far have been particularly appealing. Might be suited more for the speculators trying hit and flip ?? Can't really see things getting better either now that the Aussie dollar is tanking....

Another factor is that not all teams have an appealing crop of RC's or even Vet hits to chase in a lot of products, so some people are likely to stay away from certain teams altogether.

As for what I spend on breaks in a week, it varies depending on whether I have paypal balance or what's on offer break wise - but probably $60 a week give or take. Sometimes more, sometimes less...Depends on what bills have come in ! LOL!

True about the rookies, never realised how heavily they featured in cards. Newbie question - @3.50 a pop, is that a single box break? And which site?

Back
Top Bottom