Trading Garnett

tagged

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Craig
Trading Garnett and other Celtics is something that has been talked about by Boston.

But really what can they achieve ?

They wont challenge Miami this year, IMO.

I don't believe trading Kevin or Paul will improve the team.

I think they should sit back, pay tribute to their All Star players, trade nobody.
I think Boston fans would rather miss the play offs than trade PP and KG.

It is very simple, and Ainge knows because it happened to him, the Celtics either do everything they can to give Garnett and Pierce a title chance this season or they trade them away so the future is easier.

Ainge departed so the Celtics could get some help behind Bird, McHale and Parish. Pinckney and Kleine helped a little bit. This time, trading away Rondo for Josh Smith or Marcin Gortat could help a lot, especially if it is the last Garnett season.

The other part that the Celtics know is that old superstars have trade value, and can acquire parts for the future. After Bird won his titles, he could have been sent for Chuck Person and bigs Herb Williams and Steve Stipanovich. Schrempf and Sam Perkins were offered for McHale.

It is all about money, and Garnett retiring and Pierce being bought-out wouldn't free enough money under the cap to do anything great, but trading them now would meaning getting plenty of value back. If first round picks, young prospects on small contracts like E Bledsoe and some expring contracts, which could save money or be traded for other players at the deadline, like L Odom, arrive it could help the rebuild which will happen now or in one or two years.

The better thing to do is get Garnett, Pierce some extra help now. Rondo won't win anything in Boston when Garnett is gone so send him away for some immediate help. The Celtics can win this year, everyone can retire happy, then they can have a bad year next season and get a high draft pick in a much better draft than the 2013 one will be.

Another part of this, the Celtics could have traded away Ray Allen for a first round pick and OJ Mayo, instead they kept him and he missed shots and then left for less money and the Celtics got nothing for him.

Ainge should do something at the trade deadline, either everything to win right now or a total rebuild before he loses his trade assets to retirement, or possibly free agency.

Both valid points.

I think they'll do nothing.

They will be able to make a run at someone at the end of the year in Free agency right?

If they get rid of Rondo they've lost one key piece to rebuild with so I don't think that will happen.

K.G doesn't want to leave and not sure who would need him, a contender I'm sure but that Clippers trade wasn't anything great.

But who knows. Does anyone want Paul Pierce or will he stay?

Don't forget K.G's no trade clause.

The Celtics have 0 chance against the Heat whichever way they go. They may struggle to get past NY, Chicago or even the Pacers to be honest.

The D. Cuz idea is a great one. But who would they give Sac town? Pierce and K.G wouldn't go there.

I think the big sook Dwight would be a nice fit with the Celts still.

Rondo wont be traded because what team wants a player who just went down with a knee injury? Even next year would be hard to trade him for anything worth while until he proves he is still alright to compete, i think the only thing they can do is ride it out and in a few seaons they will have to start rebuilding with some bad seasons to start.

Rondo wont be traded because what team wants a player who just went down with a knee injury? Even next year would be hard to trade him for anything worth while until he proves he is still alright to compete, i think the only thing they can do is ride it out and in a few seaons they will have to start rebuilding with some bad seasons to start.

Yeah but Rondo is not the explosive guy that say D. Rose is. It's not like he relies on athleticism.

There would be plenty of interest in Rondo. Now and in the off season if the Celts were keen to move him.

All isn't lost without rondo, the celtics stilled pushed theheat to 7 games without Bradley who can at least shoot a free throw... I personally think their ball movement isbetter without rondo but that's just my opinion. They like the spurs are still a little little sneaky chance of a finals berth.

iv read that there may be a possible rondo for dwight trade being discussed

yeah I've been reading that but I highly doubt that could happen.

The main reason is that Dwight won't commit to anyone and doesn't seem to have any loyalty so who knows what he'll do.

Too risky I reckon.

I want the Rondo-Howard trade to happen, and it makes sense for Dwight Howard to go to Boston because if he wants to copy Shaq it means he gets to skip the Miami, Phoenix, Cleveland part of his career.

For the Lakers, they get something for Howard instead of watching him go to the Hawks or Mavericks as a free agent. Rondo and Nash doesn't seem to work, but the Lakers would have an asset to trade. For the Celtics, a perfect trade, it means Garnett is a power forward again, and in the playoffs it means the little Heat will struggle in the paint against Boston. If Howard leaves Boston as a free agent, and Garnett retires, and Pierce is bought-out, they suddenly have financial flexibility. If Howard signs a new deal to stay, a max contract, Garnett might be happier to continue playing as he won't have to defend big centres and the Celtics can keep paying and playing Pierce.

Maybe a 5% chance of Rondo being traded for Howard, but at least it is possible. For the salaries to match, maybe it has to be Rondo, Bass, Collins for Howard.

Boston get nothing for Rondo, DW signs with who ever next year and Rondo is lost.

Didn't read above properly because I was rushing, but:

Latest is Garnett to LAC for Bledsoe and Jordan. Garnett has apparently said LA is one of the only possible teams because I his Malibu home. This would also make them push to move Pierce as they would be looking to the future.

Perhaps this thread could be changed to a trade deadline rumour thread? That way I can include the Bulls' and Raptors' deal which is apparently real close to being done. Boozer and Nate for Bargs and John Lucas

Perhaps this thread could be changed to a trade deadline rumour thread? That way I can include the Bulls' and Raptors' deal which is apparently real close to being done. Boozer and Nate for Bargs and John Lucas

I heard this 2 days ago and almost spat out my coffee. Bulls gain nothing with Barg. He is a poor mans Pau Gasol. They only free up an extra $5 mill in cap by doing this. I would sit on what we have for now as Boozer has played pretty well this season and then make a big play at DH12 at the end of the season.

I heard this 2 days ago and almost spat out my coffee. Bulls gain nothing with Barg. He is a poor mans Pau Gasol. They only free up an extra $5 mill in cap by doing this. I would sit on what we have for now as Boozer has played pretty well this season and then make a big play at DH12 at the end of the season.

Poor mans Gasol, ouch, I'd say more of a poor mans Ryan Anderson:)

Trading Boozer is a smart move if they can because his contract is so bad. They have Taj who can slip right in and fill the minutes also.

But I agree, Bargs is awful and I don't think they should do this deal at all.

Didn't read above properly because I was rushing, but:

Latest is Garnett to LAC for Bledsoe and Jordan. Garnett has apparently said LA is one of the only possible teams because I his Malibu home. This would also make them push to move Pierce as they would be looking to the future.

Me likey! :woot:

Back
Top Bottom