Topps Star Wars Card Trader App ?

I'll assume I'm the only one who doesn't know this, how do you get the orange base cards? I haven't come across any packs that have them.

They're in the orange master packs, which means you have to have bought credits to have access to the pack. Expensive too, 25,000 for 10 cards with a 1% chance at orange. I've got a few through buying the inserts box, which guarantees 2, but I think they're going to be scarce...

Wonder if we'll ever be able to shred the lower cards for better colors in S3 ??

Oh and i will just throw this out there now... if they do start doing a monument chase for any of the new series... I have heaps of base dupes if anyone wants to start chasing a certain character :)
Take as many as you want from me, just make sure to leave me x1 of the card as not to subtract from my set and as long as you send me at least one of the following....

I will be hoarding
Boba Fett ( all )
Captain Ithano
Constable Zuvio
Darth Vader ( Rebels )

cheers :)

Like the latest poster set...haven't pulled many but just got the Chewie sepia, real nice looking card.

Hate the relic cards idea, think it's pretty stupid, especially when you can buy half the real world relic cards for cheaper than the digital packs!

Haven't got into hoarding...would probably do a Rey, Chewie or the true Star Wars hero Artoo, but figure a million people probably do them, especially Rey these days...

I really like the poster set too. And I completely agree with you about relics, I also have the same view on the signed cards, the value of the card is because the actor used the material or signed the card. But this is good, because I can focus on the inserts I do like.

I am thinking about getting into hoarding simply to avoid having very large numbers of white cards spread out. At least if I am trading with hoarders then the trading aspect is fun. But I will probably pick several cards to semi-hoard.

Is anyone finding the app really slow? It was fine initially but it hangs most of the time when I try and look at pending trades etc. Very annoying. I have also found that I have been sucked into spending little bits of money - for example buying the poster since the 'break' odds are so low. This makes it even more annoying if the app becomes unappealing. Buying the occasional card also means I can save up my credits for when I do spend the money and use them on master packs instead.

I will agree, that the Relic card just seems really silly... you cant touch or feel it... why would you spend real money on something that is digitised? Thats also what i find hilarious... people taking it so seriously on the fan feeds, when it is NOT REAL... lol
I myself am just having some fun with a "FREE" app that i dont physically have to put money into, ( and i never will ;) ) i get the cards i like/want, if i dont... oh well, its not the end of the world... cos if my phone was to suddenly die or i couldnt use the app anymore... i havnt actually lost anything :)

....... and yes @tangent i have also noticed it going very slow, but if you think this is slow, you should try Huddle.... lol ;)

My trade screen was terribly slow, literally 3 minutes or more to load the trades... Cleared the app cache and data etc and it didn't make much difference, so I uninstalled the app and then re-installed it and it's way faster now! Just make sure you have your log in info, otherwise it might be a pain...

Sadly it is getting harder and harder not to spend real money on it if you want some nicer cards and don't have a whole lot of time to chase trades. But it's just another form of entertainment, so I'm not against spending little sums...Cup of coffee or 50,000 credits ? Would never buy some of the more expensive credit packs even if they did get you a special card or something though.

I read that the latest UD Hockey card app actually gives you the ability to convert certain cards into real actual cards and have them sent to you or your COMC account- now that would be a real motivation to collect and trade as some of the cards are really nice designs...

My huddle is starting to really annoy me, crashes all the time...only since it went to this latest update... a few weeks ago it was rock solid...

The Topps SW website was down for several hours today (panic on Reddit :) ) so whatever caused that could have been contributing to the recent problems

Yep, I gave up trying to get on last night. At least my double coins were there this morning. Be nice to think they may have tweaked some things...

BTW, speaking of never spending any money on this, I just want to check what they do about different currencies. The first item in the 'credits and special offers' is a purple gradient base at GBP 8.04. And Battle Ready Color is 7.87. What does this cost in Australia?

Just saw that for a limited time you can shred 100 whites to get a Series 3 Qui Gon Gold...I wonder if this is the way shredding is going to work going forward? Certain cards at certain times, meaning they can sell more packs by having higher hit rates on the target card in special packs..

BTW, speaking of never spending any money on this, I just want to check what they do about different currencies. The first item in the 'credits and special offers' is a purple gradient base at GBP 8.04. And Battle Ready Color is 7.87. What does this cost in Australia?

$12.93 in Aussie dollars.... That's the full blown price, I try and wait for the half price two for one deals if I can....

That's the full blown price, I try and wait for the half price two for one deals if I can....
Thanks, yes it sounds like they set the price in USD and then convert. I have picked up some at half price (quarter price really, since it's also 2 for 1) as trade fodder, but there's been little interest so probably won't do it again.

Just saw that for a limited time you can shred 100 whites to get a Series 3 Qui Gon Gold...I wonder if this is the way shredding is going to work going forward? Certain cards at certain times, meaning they can sell more packs by having higher hit rates on the target card in special packs..

Sounds like an excellent incentive to hoard after all. Pick a character(s) and wait for the gold to be available

I think it's all about what characters you get, I pulled a flametrooper, snap wexley and some FA droid that didn't mean much to me, but luckily I was able to trade them for a Chewie, an Artoo (which are more my flavour) and another insert I could use.

Another thing you might want to consider is following the Reddit Sub - https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarstrader/new/ lots of chat about the days releases etc and I've gotten a few trades off there by listing what I've pulled when there's been a special deal on etc..

Guess I'd better start hoarding some whites! Looking for Rey's and Chewies...and maybe Artoo's...and maybe Yoda's and maybe...AAARGGHH!

Back
Top Bottom