Topps Is Fuc*ing Everybody Over!!! Please Watch!!!!

StarburyMatrix3

PHOENIX WILL RISE AGAIN
Real Name
Travis
A bunch of us on youtube found our expired redemptions cards on ebay..

Warning, some explicit language in it, sorry im very mad about this situation.

A bunch of us on youtube found our expired redemptions cards on ebay..

Warning, some explicit language in it, sorry im very mad about this situation.
YouTube - FUCK TOPPS 05-06 Finest Response

hey mate I agree but to be honest as a player collector and not a wax buster I can't be anything but happy about the situation......check my latest mailday i got a Foye 1/1 from them for $90 best offer ......the chances of me ever pulling that card OR buying it off someone that pulled it are small to none.....don't get me wrong I think what topps and UD are doing sucks, but I certainly wont be complaining as I don't bust Wax but for poeple that do they should be up in arms.

hey mate I agree but to be honest as a player collector and not a wax buster I can't be anything but happy about the situation......check my latest mailday i got a Foye 1/1 from them for $90 best offer ......the chances of me ever pulling that card OR buying it off someone that pulled it are small to none.....don't get me wrong I think what topps and UD are doing sucks, but I certainly wont be complaining as I don't bust Wax but for poeple that do they should be up in arms.

thats not what im talking about, its the fact that people who opened boxes and packs should be getting them. and that topps flat out lied saying they destroyed the cards and now theyre here.

thats not what im talking about, its the fact that people who opened boxes and packs should be getting them. and that topps flat out lied saying they destroyed the cards and now theyre here.

And I said I agree, the point I was trying to make was that it is affecting Wax busters and not player collectors.

I'd say that they're either got employees taxing those cards out after a certain time/date, or they're selling them in-house, and people are selling them outside.

The prices on them are just crazy, who's gonna pay $100+ for a Rodriguez 1/1 Auto??

Keep us up to date with the responses if any at all you get from Topps.

While its stupid and very unfair for Topps to have such a short redemption expiry on their products, they really aren't obligated to fulfill expired ones. Having said that, they should do the right thing and fulfill them if they have the cards even after expiry as they should reward the buyer's loyalty and support. I know I would be extremely upset if I was told that 1/1 card was destroyed and it turned up on the bay and I had to BUY the card that I PULLED.

You're right they don't have to fulfill the expired ones, but aparently we're all told that they destroy them, instead of releasing them to the public...

I guess that this thread is kinda a continuation to this one;

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/card-discussions/29520-what.html

Obviously, thats total BS. If the collectors still had the letter from Topps stating that the card had been destroyed, surely they would have seem legal leg to stand on against Topps.

We need a third company to come in and give the other 2 companies a run for their money ie: Dronuss.

That sucks big time...might explain also why the 3 Ronnie Brewer finest 1/1s all showed up on eBay within a week a while back...Sucks sucks sucks.

I have been watching some of their auctions and was blown away with what they have. After seeing this thread it sort of makes sense. There is no doubt that there is a collusion b/w Topps and the seller(s), whether by common knowledge or not. A couple of things stand out. 90% of their sales are topps cards. On top of that the amount of 1/1s for sale is ridiculous.

Even if you were a store or wholesaler that busts wax you would have to have incredible luck in achieving these consistently and on the volume they have. Secondly if you were purchasing that many boxes you would probably sell some boxes on Ebay, because if you opened up that many to get 1/1s on the scale they do, then you would be getting a better price from the wholesalers or topps and would sell to make some funds back to cover the initial wax you opened.

I reckon that there are a couple of staff in there that are probably got a scam going, from the redemption area right through to the printing. IF your the guy running the printing, whose going to know if an extra iggy 1/1 gets made? You have all the equipment there. Also if you have player signs a heap of stickers for various product, then it couldn't be too hard to have another 10 rc's printed at the time of the original printing. Who is really going to know if there is another 517/799 out there in the big world.

So once the expiration passes, cards that "are destroyed" don't make it to the furnace. For all the powers that be know in topps hq, their product is being destroyed

Hopefully some one gets the original letters, redemp cards and the screen dump of steel city auctionssand is able to put the onus on Topps to prove there is no fraudulent activity here.

Back
Top Bottom