Through The Mail Autos, anyone tried?

freeballs

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Craig
Hi all.

With the help of my young daughter we have been sending cards for the last month for fun. We have had success with retired players but out of all the NRL clubs we sent to, only got responses from the Broncos Darren Lockyer, Alan Tongue from the Raiders, and the Cowboys sent an apology letter. Anyone else tried with retired stars or current stars?

We had success with Greg Alexander, Mick Cronin, Les Johns, Tony Priddle, Steve Mortimer. Waiting on Webcke and Langer.

Only problem is they never send the Sharpies back, aaargh. Its ok, they are on special at Woolies for 2 for $3.

---------- Post added 22-04-2010 at 02:27 PM ----------

Crap, it was meant to NRL not NFL!

yeah, im starting. sent matty richardson (retired richmond player AFL) a letter and some cards. good luck.

Ive done this for awhile now - had some great success with it :thumbsup:

As it takes awhile to list players, ill just list the teams ive had luck with. :)
Penrith Panthers
St. George Dragons
Melbourne Storm
Newcastle Knights
West Tigers
South Sydney Rabbitohs
Gold Coast Titans
North Queensland Cowboys
Obviously it depends on the players you send to as well :thumbsup:

However, from my experiences, Sharks dont seem to respond at all (sent to afew different players - some top players and some lower level players) without any luck at all. Also ive had limited luck with Manly (1 player responded from about 6 i sent to). Didnt have much luck with the eels or bulldogs either - however i only sent out 1 or 2 requests to these clubs.

Regarding past players, ive collected autos from Royce Simmons, Greg Alexander, Tim Sheens, Ryan Girdler and probably more i cant remember at the moment.

I never send them sharpies/pens to sign with - in most cases they sign in black anyway - however it is always a risk as ive had players sign in silver,gold and even a ball point pen (dissapointing) as it didnt come out well. :( Really depends on how many you send though, if you only send the odd few - losing a few sharpies probably wont matter so much :)

Its really a thrill to get autos in the mail like this :lol: never know when your going to have one in the mail box!
Brplat

Back
Top Bottom