The time has come... the Clyde Frazier PC is no more

loafic

Walt Frazier Collector
Real Name
Branko
eBay User
loafic
hey all,

after considerable thought, ive decided to stop collecting any further due to a variety of reasons - simply need to get priorities in order and continuously spending $$ on this great hobby is no longer a viable option for me.

im slowly starting to sell off the walt frazier pc so keep an eye out on here and ebay for my listings. im going to be keeping some key items but will be selling off probably 80% of the pc to help fund other aspects of my life. ive no idea what my pc is worth as a whole but will selling it off bit by bit rather than as a whole.

the passion/fire/$$$ simply arent there any longer due to the panini products not being as appealing to collect as the classic ud & topps stuff etc. it has been fun and it has been one helluva ride but all good things must come to an end. id say ive been able to assemble the best clyde frazier collection in the world and that is something im very proud of. to all of you who have traded, bought, sold etc through me over the years, i genuinely appreciate your help and sincerely wish you a massive thanks for your efforts.

ill probably float around the forum from time to time as i love checking out maildays.

thanks a million!

Damn Branko that's a shame to hear; but very understandable that some other things in life may take priority over cards. Though it would be a shame to see you lose your Frazier collection, did you think about just keeping your collection but not buying anything new..... that way if you decide to get back into it one day at least you don't have to start again!?

Massive announcement on your 10001st post mate. Been there too! Good luck with the decisions on what to keep and what to sell, selling and other life priorities. :thumbsup:

Woah, 10,001 posts loafic..we all have to do what we have to do..hope to see you on here still..I don't collect much, past year, maybe less than 5 items that I bought but that doesn't keep me from hopping unto ozct!

Sad and yet understandable...
To break up such an awesome collection...sad
Only bits of paper and life/finances come first...understandable

thanks for the nice words fellas... its much appreciated

here's some currently available on the bay - if you're keen, have a bid:
loafic | eBay

cheers

You are a true gentleman of the hobby Branko and will be sorely missed as a collector.
Will miss seeing that lovely Fro and mutton chops in your Mailday posts :D
I thoroughly agree with you on the Panini front, I try and try but just can't get myself excited with their product.

Mark

At the end of the day as someone mentioned it's only cardboard and kids/bills/whatever have to come first. Unlike others though i don't get the whole panini product thing, maybe its because i've only really been going a year. But in saying that I busted boxes from over a 20 year period before opening my first panini one and am loving the current cards. But each to their own, hope to see you around the forums as your maildays and posts are always great. If the time ever comes that you are going to get rid of this
DSC00854.jpg
think of me :D.

At the end of the day as someone mentioned it's only cardboard and kids/bills/whatever have to come first. Unlike others though i don't get the whole panini product thing, maybe its because i've only really been going a year. But in saying that I busted boxes from over a 20 year period before opening my first panini one and am loving the current cards. But each to their own, hope to see you around the forums as your maildays and posts are always great. If the time ever comes that you are going to get rid of this
DSC00854.jpg
think of me :D.

thanks mate... gonna hold onto this for now - but if i do move it, i'll let you know

---------- Post added 27-08-2011 at 12:04 PM ----------

Good luck to you Branko. Going to keep some rare ones for yourself?

sure am scott, not getting rid of everything... will keep the 1/1's etc and the key pc elements but it will prob equate to around keeping on 10% of it

Say it aint so......I loved seeing your maildays.......best advice I was given, dont stop collecting, just be more selective!

I can completely understand where you are coming from Branko as seem to be having similar thoughts myself lately. I have found the toughest decsion is trying what to keep and not to keep.
All the best and thank you for everything you have done for us fellow collectors.

Say it aint so......I loved seeing your maildays.......best advice I was given, dont stop collecting, just be more selective!

i will sift through what i own and go from there... definitely will keeping the cornerstone pieces of the pc but will cull it majorly

Don't want to see this happen but can understand.Hope we are still going to see you around.Maybe you'll just keep your favorites & come back collecting a new guy in the furture.All the best mate.

Don't want to see this happen but can understand.Hope we are still going to see you around.Maybe you'll just keep your favorites & come back collecting a new guy in the furture.All the best mate.

thanks al... wont be collecting anybody else, id feel like im cheating on clyde LOL - but seriously nobody else does much for me... ill try and pick up the odd key addition from time to time just to keep in touch with the hobby a little but definitely nowhere near the scale i have been over the past 4 years

Back
Top Bottom