Panini Blog The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2015-16 Noir Basketball

Panini Blog

Panini Blog
Real Name
Panini
img_3712.jpg

Boxes of 2015-16 Panini Noir Basketball are LOADED and set to hit shelves this week. On average, each 12-card box of 2015-16 Noir Basketball will deliver SEVEN ON-CARD autograph or memorabilia cards, all numbered to 99 or less.

Other highlights include:

• For the first time in Noir, the product features NBA Championship tags. Each card pays tribute to the featured franchise’s championship legacy with the Larry O’Brien Trophy patch showcased prominently on the back of every jersey.
  • Also new this year are Rookie Championship Dreams Tags in Color and Black and White, numbered to 5 or less. Noir allows collectors the option to collect their favorite rookies by offering two versions of each — both Color and Black and White.

You can check out the product in more detail by perusing the Quality Control Gallery that follows.

Enjoy the sneak peek and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for continued coverage.

b.gif

Continue reading...

Not even just the gold pens, that AD & Kobe blue ink are terrible.... it's like they went out of their way to make Black Gold look better than it actually is by making Noir look bad.

Most of the patches look pretty good though

Yeah, that blue kobe auto and the Bobby Portis RC auto is bubbly and horrible isn't it.

I hope this is only a small sample size and not representative of the whole print run. :(

I have a fear that because they are using these as promo they may be the pick of the bunch

I honestly doubt that every Kobe auto is worse than the one in the picture.
Seeing that it is #16/25 and a poor auto in the middle of the auto set, it may hold some truth to it.

But if that is the case, Panini will be getting a lot of send-backs.

We shall see. Glad I'm not a Kobe collector!

I honestly doubt that every Kobe auto is worse than the one in the picture.
Seeing that it is #16/25 and a poor auto in the middle of the auto set, it may hold some truth to it.

But if that is the case, Panini will be getting a lot of send-backs.

We shall see. Glad I'm not a Kobe collector!

I don't think we should blame Kobe but have some sympathy for the Panini employee signing all of the "K" autographs. It must get confusing trying to remember am I signing for Kobe or K Durant or K Love or even Kyrie, because all of those K's sure look similar.

I am happy to admit when I am wrong, busted 5 cases of this last night filling in for Grayson from Cherry Collectables.

In hand these are really nice. even the streaky gold pens probably werent as bad as they could have been and the blue autos that are bubbly on the pics above were all pretty solid as well. Perhaps we were just lucky.

The only negative was there were 2 cards out of the cases that had quite noticable damage to one of the corners, and one of spotlights had some noticable scratches on the surface.

overall though it was very good and surprised me, I would rate it abov last years release.

@thePACisback I did a special shout out for you last night and you werent even tuned in :(

there was a nice Horford (I'm pretty sure Auto) that came out of one of the cases last night. there was also a nice WCS rpa too

Back
Top Bottom