The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Nash to the rescue with the 3 pointer to tie it up in OT, and Kobe with another clutch basket. Lakers win!!!

Another amazing game by mamba!! Will definitely forgive his turnovers. Will this be his best season? With the Lakers it's always unpredictable but could they make noise in the playoffs? If Kobe keeps up this pace I think so:)

Agreed, if Kobe can keep this up and keep getting Nash and Dwight involved. Add Meeks and Jamisons play off the bench they could do some damage.

On another note, i saw Kobe has moved to #2 in the MVP rankings. We all know its LeBrons and really dont think anyone can take it from him. But maybe just maybe if the Lakers run and Kobe keeps this up i think the NBA should give it to him, 1 of his best seasons i've seen and pretty much single handedly pulled the Lakers back from the death. Since Dr Buss passing he is refusing the lets the Lakers lay down any longer and i for 1 am loving it. When his back is against the wall i dont think there is anyone better in the day and age.

Goosebumps watching this. These are so ridiculously difficult shots, it's just out of this planet..this was MJ back in his day, just willing his team to victory. Yeah, you see that Dwight? That brotha is what champions are made of. God dammit.. Imma gonna just throw out the usual criteria for MVP, and just hand it to Kobe just for this game!

Was Clark injured during the game yesterday? does anyone else think meeks should be in late in the game? he got abused on D
I would rather see Ebanks in instead of Meeks with the game on the line on defense if Clark was injured

Wow. After all these years you would think that the legend of Kobe couldn't grow any bigger...then he plays 2 games like that.

So where will he sit in the order of Laker legends when he's done? I have always had him around 4-5-6 with Baylor and Mikan and with Magic/West/Kareem as the top three...but he is making a strong case to join the upper echelon.

With Utah's schedule, Lakers should make the playoffs...that has to make a few of the teams in front of them pretty nervous if we can flick the switch and start playing team ball (but I think I said something similar in the Malone/Payton year...).

Kobe is super but he lacks that one quality that all tor others mentioned have. He doesn't really make his team mates better in my opinion. Yeah he takes crazy shots that go in but if you have 2 people with hands in your face then there are better shots elsewhere. But your spot on he probably sits inthey 4 spot deservedly.

I think the Lakers need to move up in to at least 6th to have ANY chance of getting through the 1st round.

the Clips to me are still the weakest out of the top 3 by a long way.

And it is doable.

I just don't think a team that hasn't really been tested in a playoff atmosphere can come in and knock over the Spurs (hopefully) or OKC in the 1st round.

As a Spurs fan I still don't want to see the Lakers in round 1:)

totally agree except for the first point i'd have Kobe if not the best Laker then he'd easily be top 3 no questions asked.
Yeah, I would agree top 3. Kareem is at number 1 but then it gets tricky between Magic and Kobe. Magic has got 2 more regular season MVP to Kobe and 1 more Finals MVP than him. Then it gets a bit tricky, cos Kobe is a scorer while Magic was a set up guy..Kobe at 5th all time on the scoring list (soon to be 4th), while Magic is 5th all time on the assist list. Hard to choose. If Magic didn't beat him on the MVP stakes both regular and post season, I would say it's Kobe..

Kareem, Magic, West, then Kobe.

Kobe is super but he lacks that one quality that all tor others mentioned have. He doesn't really make his team mates better in my opinion.

I agree 100 %
Although, at times this year that has been his focus, but it's not truly his game.

Back
Top Bottom