The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Gortat or Cousins !

Seattle want something for the fans, not sure they want Cousins, but they won't want Boston's big contracts and Sullinger and Bradley won't sell tickets. Jeff Green did play a year in Seattle, they probably don't want him back at $9million a year.

Phoenix blowing things up makes sense, and moving Gortat could speed up the rebuilding, as they add some young pieces and lose more games for a better draft pick.

Bass or Lee for matching salaries, and then Phoenix would want Bradley or Sullinger too. I am fine with Bass, Bradley, 1st round pick for Gortat and a 2nd round pick. It brings in another big, and it allows Garnett, Pierce to have another run or two deep into the playoffs. Gortat had 5 blocks, 14 rebounds today and is the strong player that can win playoff games.

Celtics Waive Joseph and Varnado

BOSTON – The Boston Celtics announced today that they have waived forwards Kris Joseph and Jarvis Varnado.
Joseph, a 6’7” forward, appeared in six games for the Celtics and averaged 1.2 points in 4.0 minutes per game. Varnado, a 6’9” forward, appeared in five games for the Celtics and averaged 1.2 points in 3.6 minutes per game.
The Celtics roster now stands at 13.

It would seem there are two possible reasons for that, to save money or to create roster spots for a trade or free agent signings. I will guess to save money.

To Boston:
Pau Gasol, M. Gortat

To Lakers:
Paul Pierce, Jason Terry, Chris Wilcox

To Phoenix:
Brandon Bass, A. Bradley, J. Collins, 1st Round Pick

A few more losses and some big changes could happen, according to the Celtics, so here is a trade idea. Tell me which team says no, the Lakers get shooting to create space for Howard and Bryant, the Suns get youth with Bradley and a pick for Gortat who is on the sinking Phoenix ship, and Boston get much bigger and can start Green at small forward.

It would be fun watching teams struggle against Garnett and Gasol and then Gortat and Sullinger backing them up. Green and Lee can start, Barbosa can play a lot more, it is a team that Miami would struggle with. They can put LeBron at power forward, and foul him out trying to defend Garnett or Gasol close to the basket.

I wouldn't mind a new coach, or trading the point guard in a blockbuster instead of the above moves.

If the Celtics are rebuilding, I can find Garnett a chance at another title. He does have a no-trade clause.

Garnett, J Terry to OKC for K Martin and P Jones III.
Celtics save money as Martin is expiring, Garnett with Durant and Ibaka might be better for the Thunder than Perkins or Collison at the end of games. I would also want to ask for the Toronto lotto pick the Thunder have, via Houston.

Garnett, J Terry to San Antonio for S Jackson, T Splitter.
Maybe Garnett and Duncan don't like each other, or maybe they just don't like playing against each other. Imagine if they were on the same team, unguardable. Jackson is the expiring contract, Splitter is big.

Garnett to the Clippers for L Odom, E Bledsoe
Clippers might win everything with Garnett to score next to Griffen, instead of D Jordan in crunch time. Boston get a young point guard prospect, Odom clears away capspace.

Moving Pierce, for youth and expiring deals is something they look at too, and he doesn't have a no-trade clause.

If the Warriors want to win now, Pierce at small forward could help so Pierce, bass for A Bogut, R Jefferson.
Pierce, Bass for D Howard, Lakers might think about it if Howard is a reason they are losing.
Pierce could be sent to Houston for their bench. Pierce for Bargnani might make sense.

Maybe the Celtics do nothing, when they won the championship they did have Cassell to play the point. But it might make more sense to blow it up and bring in youth. The point guard spot is certainly different now, Barbosa and Terry and Bradley shoot a bit more than Rondo.

Well, the draft combine red flag was correct, Sullinger out for season and needs surgery, was hoping they were wrong he was playing great.... :(

Pierce 1/2 from FT leads to Lawson shot putting Denver up 3 BUT he makes up for it and hits a HUGE typical clutch 3 to tie up again at 107 with 5sec to go!!!! WOW

Jason Collins played 2 seconds? I think I saw him on the highlights, when Denver missed the free throw and then supposedly the Celtics touched it last before it went out of bounds. A Bradley had the best +/- numbers, with +12. Sometimes a strange stat but maybe it does show he he disrupts the other team's scoring, and Bradley scored efficiently too in this game.

Pierce was 27, 14, 14, numbers like that don't appear very often. Plus his three to keep the game going was good too, but silly Denver for having a short point guard defending him then.

Celtics shoot under 40% from the field and win, although 43.3% on three pointers and they got to the free throw line more than usual.

They should do something at the trade deadline, but maybe nobody 7-foot tall is walking through that door. Mozgov was DNP-CD, but it doesn't look like they would want Bass for him. How much is an injured Rondo worth, send him somewhere and get a center.

Back
Top Bottom