The Official 2012-13 EPL Thread

i agree they were the better team but they were out managed.

jose wasted no time putting modric on, it was less than one minute, and united paid for it.

why didnt rooney start, and why did it take him so long to get him on.

so yeah in the mix of the red card, mourinho made the most of it and essentially won them the game.

your both going to hate me for this one, but i dont know how many times ive watched united be gifted handouts from howard webb so im so glad they got done this time haha

jose wasted no time putting modric on, it was less than one minute, and united paid for it.

so yeah in the mix of the red card, mourinho made the most of it and essentially won them the game.

your both going to hate me for this one, but i dont know how many times ive watched united be gifted handouts from howard webb so im so glad they got done this time haha

The whole Howard Webb b.s is a bit screwed up. Yes he has made a few mistakes that have favoured United but he has also screwed us over on several occasions too! wouldn't you be frustrated?

Word on Rooney is fitness apparently.

And Piers Morgan, boy that bloke has balls. "Just think, Van Pursestrings - if you'd stayed at Arsenal.. you'd still be in the Champions League." What a t**t. He makes himself look like a total douche. Can't wait to watch Bayern knock them out tomorrow just to see his reaction to it. Have fun watching Europa League football next season Piers.

Go fuck yourself Aron.:p

The whole Howard Webb b.s is a bit screwed up. Yes he has made a few mistakes that have favoured United but he has also screwed us over on several occasions too! wouldn't you be frustrated?

Word on Rooney is fitness apparently.

And Piers Morgan, boy that bloke has balls. "Just think, Van Pursestrings - if you'd stayed at Arsenal.. you'd still be in the Champions League." What a t**t. He makes himself look like a total douche. Can't wait to watch Bayern knock them out tomorrow just to see his reaction to it. Have fun watching Europa League football next season Piers.

Piers isn't Arsenal, he's despised by the majority of Gooners and for good reason. He also currently has an agenda against Wenger, so losing to Bayern next week would give him more fuel for his fire.
Fantastic to watch United get knocked out though, going to watch it again tonight.

Fantastic to watch United get knocked out though, going to watch it again tonight.

Yeah i might fire up the DVR and watch this one tonight.

maxresdefault3166.jpg3166-640x360.jpg

Piers isn't Arsenal, he's despised by the majority of Gooners and for good reason. He also currently has an agenda against Wenger, so losing to Bayern next week would give him more fuel for his fire.

didn't say he was, he supports Arsenal though!

Give it a couple of months, we'll see who's laughing.

Yeah i might fire up the DVR and watch this one tonight.

maxresdefault3166.jpg3166-640x360.jpg
:eek:

didn't say he was, he supports Arsenal though!

Give it a couple of months, we'll see who's laughing.

He does, and it's annoying that he's given a voice on the matter.
And no doubt United will be laughing in a couple of months. We handed you the EPL this season by selling you the leagues best player.
But for now, well done Real. Not easy to win at very Old Trafford.

madrid outlplayed, but more than happy to see them go through. sometimes thats just football. and why all the controversy over the red card? pretty straight forward to me...
did anyone catch the dortmund/shakhtar match? so glad gotze & reus play for germany. total class.

madrid outlplayed, but more than happy to see them go through. sometimes thats just football. and why all the controversy over the red card? pretty straight forward to me...
did anyone catch the dortmund/shakhtar match? so glad gotze & reus play for germany. total class.

i streamed it, as it was the game i wanted to watch. was just an onslaught attack after attack after attack, they probably shouldve won by more

wasn't a red. no way. if he saw him and deliberately took him out then sure, send him off and give him a 5 game ban, but seriously, common sense says that it was an accident and non intentional, he didn't try to take him out.

Twitter wise a lot of top footballers backed United in regards to the red- the likes of Tim Cahill, van der Sar, K-P Boateng, Joey Barton (Twitter Genius), Owen, Gary Lineker and i think most importantly of all City skipper Kompany!

Anyway, things can't be changed. Time to focus on the Cup and Prem.

lets all support dortmund in the cl now.

i think munich have it in the bag but i want dortmund to win

wasn't a red. no way. if he saw him and deliberately took him out then sure, send him off and give him a 5 game ban, but seriously, common sense says that it was an accident and non intentional, he didn't try to take him out.

Twitter wise a lot of top footballers backed United in regards to the red- the likes of Tim Cahill, van der Sar, K-P Boateng, Joey Barton (Twitter Genius), Owen, Gary Lineker and i think most importantly of all City skipper Kompany!

Anyway, things can't be changed. Time to focus on the Cup and Prem.

dangerous play doesnt need to be intentional. studs up at what wouldve been head height if arbeloa didnt jump. the king of united reds (cards that is), roy keane disagrees with that load of twitters...
and its also up to nani to be aware of the players around him.
phelan said post match he couldnt think of a worse decision thats been made. seems a little excessive. i'll agree on a different day he couldve gotten away with a yellow, but its hardly the worst decision ive seen on a pitch...
barton a twitter genius? i hope that was sarcastic...?

lets all support dortmund in the cl now.

i think munich have it in the bag but i want dortmund to win

i want anyone BUT bayern to win it...but they do look good.

dangerous play doesnt need to be intentional. studs up at what wouldve been head height if arbeloa didnt jump. the king of united reds (cards that is), roy keane disagrees with that load of twitters...
and its also up to nani to be aware of the players around him.
phelan said post match he couldnt think of a worse decision thats been made. seems a little excessive. i'll agree on a different day he couldve gotten away with a yellow, but its hardly the worst decision ive seen on a pitch...
barton a twitter genius? i hope that was sarcastic...?

i want anyone BUT bayern to win it...but they do look good.

as sarcastic as i can possibly be :)

They're similar enough that calling one 100% a red, and the other never a red is just sour grapes. Fergie is a worse loser than Wenger. At least AW faces the media afterwards and cops it.

As a high level referee, I can see why the ref gave the red, and I would possibly be inclined to do the same if I had seen that incident only ONCE and from his angle.

Possibly a bit harsh, but you can't just dig your studs at the height into someone...

The ref has to make a split second decision based on many factors - all coming down to whether or not it was EXCESSIVE FORCE which is the key term for a red card send off. Factors that come into this are speed, danger to an opponent, height of the challenge, opportunity to play the ball and a few others...

Out of these he has ticked all those boxes - and without the referee being able to see his eyes/face/intention its hard for him to not pull out the red.

Not saying I would have given it, but can see why he did.

They're similar enough that calling one 100% a red, and the other never a red is just sour grapes. Fergie is a worse loser than Wenger. At least AW faces the media afterwards and cops it.

he was just too distraught. what a joke...looks like he might get in trouble for it tho.

he was just too distraught. what a joke...looks like he might get in trouble for it tho.

i don't get why UEFA feel it necessary to fine United for 'not fulfilling their media obligations'. Technically they did! Mike Phelan represented United at a press conference instead! Get over it UEFA, seriously.

i don't get why UEFA feel it necessary to fine United for 'not fulfilling their media obligations'. Technically they did! Mike Phelan represented United at a press conference instead! Get over it UEFA, seriously.

personally i dont think anyone should be made to hold a press conference either, but since the rule is there, theres a big difference between hearing from the manager and hearing from the assistant. and the 'rule' is the manager has to do it, so they didnt technically fulfill anything.
and his excuse was pathetic. id have more respect for him if he just said 'im p!ssed off. no press.'

Back
Top Bottom