The official 2010 free agent thread!

Yeah Marquis fell completely out of favour with Doc Rivers after he had to have surgery on his thumb, before that he was getting all the reserve minutes then Tony Allen finally stepped up his game. But yeah Marquis had proved at Indiana he can play, he was averaging around 18ppg when Granger was injured for a part of the season and had 15ppg for the season, so he can deffinately play and his an underated defender aswell I reckon. His only downfall is that his injury prone and hasnt had a full season in the league yet

Livingston Agrees to Deal With Bobcats

Looks like DJ has some competition for the starting spot now...

The Charlotte Bobcats are close to acquiring Shaun Livingston to help address their hole at point guard, an informed source told the Observer Wednesday.

Livingston, 6-7, is a former lottery pick by the Los Angeles Clippers, who suffered a career-threatening knee injury several years ago while playing against the Bobcats. He turned pro out of high school, after signing to play for Duke.

Inside the NBA: Source: Bobcats to sign Livingston

Rockets Match Offer to Lowry

Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey announced via his Twitter feed today that the Rockets would be matching the four-year, $24 million offer the Cavs signed Lowry to on Tuesday night.

Houston had a week to consider matching the offer but barely took 12 hours, backing up their statements over the last several weeks that they'd match reasonable offers for the quick guard.

Kyle Lowry will stay with Houston Rockets after team matches Cavs' offer sheet | cleveland.com

---------- Post added 15-07-2010 at 04:53 AM ----------

Ridnour to the Wolves:

2010 NBA Free Agents: Luke Ridnour, Minnesota Timberwolves agree on four-year $16 million deal, according to report - ESPN

good to see livingston get another chance, hopefully he can make the most of it

smart choice by rockets to match for lowry, hes another pg for them along with brooks who adds youth energy and speed to the roster, reasonable $$ too

pretty cheap pickup by the wolves nabbing ridnour for $4M per season... there must be something brewing there with sessions flynn and now ridnour all vying for that starting pg position... they possibly arent done trading... their roster now has beasley as their highest paid player at just under $5M per season

good to see livingston get another chance, hopefully he can make the most of it

smart choice by rockets to match for lowry, hes another pg for them along with brooks who adds youth energy and speed to the roster, reasonable $$ too

pretty cheap pickup by the wolves nabbing ridnour for $4M per season... there must be something brewing there with sessions flynn and now ridnour all vying for that starting pg position... they possibly arent done trading... their roster now has beasley as their highest paid player at just under $5M per season

Wow...... that's nuts haha. But I think Sessions is on his way out from what I read.

yeh he comes across as a bit petulant... a bit like when stevie francis got drafted by vancouver and said he was never gonna play there so they had to trade him and that how he came to houston

Nice pick up with Livingston, bad news for DJ! Shaun has been playing well and getting back into some form!

Is there room with the C's, from Josh's point of view I mean... He would definaetly get more mins with the Cavs and become one of their primary scoring options.

I dunno Howard he was struggling with injury all last year and had a major knee injury at the end of the season. But he would be getting the mins left behind by Tony Allen and Marquis Daniels were sharing last year and it would be less demanding on his body and might be exactly what he needs for a season or two to get back on top of the injuries.

---------- Post added 15-07-2010 at 12:53 PM ----------

man i wouldnt mind if howard comes to the cavs. we got Kyle Lowry as well.

Pretty sure Rockets matched his contract within 12 hours and his staying at Houston mate

Some news on Tmac

As much as Tracy McGrady has wanted to play with LeBron James for the past two seasons, it’s still unclear if the Miami Heat are prepared to offer him a contract. Nevertheless, league sources say a fresh possibility for NBA employment has surfaced for McGrady: the Los Angeles Clippers. The Clippers have had conversations with McGrady’s agent, and team officials could soon decide to watch him work out for a closer inspection. With Travis Outlaw signing a free-agent contract with the New Jersey Nets, the Clippers are resolved to sign a swingman with some scoring punch off the bench. They’ve spent the last few days gathering information on McGrady and deciding how they want to proceed. Yahoo! Sports

Lowry is staying with Houston. Goos move too, not a high scorer, but has crazy skills and will be given more opportunity this season, I hope!

---------- Post added 15-07-2010 at 02:17 PM ----------

Interesting on TMac, who is actually the Clippers starting SF? Rasual Butler???

I thought so also, but the clippers side is starting to look good, Baron, Tmac (if he signs), Griffin, Camby and forgot the name of the c lol blond dude!

Back
Top Bottom