The official 2010 free agent thread!

A_Iverson_I

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brett
eBay User
theanswer333
Other thread we have is a comp so I thought I'd start a new thread to put all the talk in..

Have these tidbits..

Marc Stein reports:

The Memphis Grizzlies have stepped up with a big offer to keep Rudy Gay away from the Minnesota Timberwolves, New Jersey Nets and other interested teams.

Ric Bucher reports:

Amare Stoudemire now appears to be a long shot to return to Phoenix after opting out of the last year of his contract and negotiations on a new deal with Suns owner Robert Sarver broke off late Tuesday night, a source said.

Stoudemire is now in the mix of free-agent power forwards being pursued by the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New Jersey Nets and New York Knicks.

The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and Toronto Raptors also are looking at potential sign-and-trade scenarios that could land Stoudemire.

Jazz free agent Carlos Boozer was bombarded with calls Wednesday night. The Jazz, Bulls, Heat, Nets and Knicks all made their calls. The Nets and Heat are considered the frontrunners for Boozer as far as teams with cap space go. But don't be surprised to see Boozer heading to a team like the Orlando Magic. The Jazz would like to re-sign Boozer. But if they can't, they'll actively pursue a sign-and-trade to get something back for Boozer.

The Magic have been offering Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, the expiring contract of Vince Carter to interested teams. The Jazz may also have interest in a sign-and-trade for J.J. Redick. They still need a shooter to replace Kyle Korver.

Would love to see the Utah sign-and-trade happen! :D

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 05:50 AM ----------

Got more....

The Milwaukee Bucks have had one of the best offseasons of any team in the league, and they are close to pulling off another surprising move. The Bucks are on the verge of re-signing guard John Salmons, one of the top shooting guards available in free agency -- and thought to be on the move after opting out of his deal last month -- to a five-year, $39 million contract. The deal also includes $5 million in potential bonuses, according to a source, and two league sources say the Bucks have a buyout option for the fifth season.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp#ixzz0sTBG5cbA

Little clogged @ the wing position eh!?

Looks like I'm talking to myself in here....

From ESPNBoston.com:

Paul Pierce and the Celtics have agreed to a four-year contract extension, according to multiple reports.

Sources told ESPN.com Thursday that Pierce's agent, Jeff Schwartz, and the team were making progress in contract talks and expected a verbal agreement to be secured in advance of July 8, the first day free agents officially can sign deals.

What about Joe Johnson appretly re-signing for $119MIL over 5YRS....WTF????Bucks agreeing with Gooden over 5YRS for $32MIL???What are these GM's thinking....

Rudy Gay also for $82MIL over 5YRS??Seriously is he worth that much??

gay will be worth the money, i also think frye will be a good player, milicic and gooden was just disgraceful... league money and spending is getting a little out of hand when u can make 20mil by being 7 foot with nothing special...

What about Joe Johnson appretly re-signing for $119MIL over 5YRS....WTF????Bucks agreeing with Gooden over 5YRS for $32MIL???What are these GM's thinking....

Rudy Gay also for $82MIL over 5YRS??Seriously is he worth that much??

Hawks are crazy! :blink:

---------- Post added 03-07-2010 at 02:41 PM ----------

No way Gay worth that much either

Wasnt sure how many time he was an Allstar....Just thought that amount of $$$$ was abit much....DOnt get me wrong he has the ability to be a Fantastic playr just needs to turn up when it matters...
ABit like the Rashad Lewis COntract a few years back what has he done since that???Lets hope Joe pays them back accordingly!

Just thought that amount of $$$$ was abit much....

Sure is.

DOnt get me wrong he has the ability to be a Fantastic playr just needs to turn up when it matters...
ABit like the Rashad Lewis COntract a few years back what has he done since that???Lets hope Joe pays them back accordingly!

JJ got a max contract in 2005, so he has shown that he can deliver after getting the big bucks. So why am I not happy about him getting another max? He was 24 back in 2005, now he is 29 and will be 35 when it completes. Whilst he will probably still put up 21-5-6 over the next couple of years, I dont see him getting near that at his mid-30s.

Of course Rudy isn't worth that much.... but I figure that the Griz didn't wanna let him go when they were just becoming a decent team so made a large investment for the future to keep the group together..... we'll see if it pays off.

Here's the current signings.:v:

Blake, Steve - Blake accepts four-year deal with Lakers
Chandler, Tyson - Chandler to play out final year of contract
Gay, Rudy - Gay agrees to terms with Grizzlies
Gooden, Drew - Bucks agree to five-year deal with Gooden
Hayes, Chuck - Rockets pick up team option on Hayes
Hill, Grant - Grant Hill to play for Suns again next season
Johnson, Amir - Johnson, Raptors agree on five-year deal
Milicic, Darko - Wolves, Milicic agree to four-year deal
Ming, Yao - Yao picks up player option
Nowitzki, Dirk - Nowitzki agrees to four-year deal with Dallas
Salmons, John - Bucks, Salmons agree to five-year deal

Here's the current signings.:v:

Blake, Steve - Blake accepts four-year deal with Lakers
Chandler, Tyson - Chandler to play out final year of contract
Gay, Rudy - Gay agrees to terms with Grizzlies
Gooden, Drew - Bucks agree to five-year deal with Gooden
Hayes, Chuck - Rockets pick up team option on Hayes
Hill, Grant - Grant Hill to play for Suns again next season
Johnson, Amir - Johnson, Raptors agree on five-year deal
Milicic, Darko - Wolves, Milicic agree to four-year deal
Ming, Yao - Yao picks up player option
Nowitzki, Dirk - Nowitzki agrees to four-year deal with Dallas
Salmons, John - Bucks, Salmons agree to five-year deal

What website are you getting the info from?

Im glad Dirk's going to sign with Dallas! Apparently signing for $80m for 4yrs, he could have had $96m if he wanted but taking a pay cut so Mavs have some more flexibility for signings or sign and trades :)

Back
Top Bottom