The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Head or Faulkner for Mitch Marsh and I like the look of that squad.

Chatting to Nathan Lyon at the Gabba recently and asked him about this tour. He said the Aussies subcontinent woes are psychologically based as the players, particularly the batsmen fear getting out and don't play their natural game.
Think that's about right actually with head for m.marsh

So my touring side will be:

Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
S. Marsh

Head
Faulkner
Maxwell

Wade

Starc
Hazlewood
Bird

Lyon
O'keefe

The reason I don't think they'll pick Head is how much he has struggled against spin in the BBL and also in the first ODI. I'm not convinced his bowling will be effective in India either. Still, I wouldn't be extremely surprised to see him on the plane as there has been a bit of talk about him.

I think SOK is obviously a better bowler than Head but Head is far better with the willow.

Neither turn the ball much buy are economical and get through their overs quick like Jadeja will. If we can keep it tight we will get wickets, India don't like to be tied down.

I think SOK is obviously a better bowler than Head but Head is far better with the willow.

Neither turn the ball much buy are economical and get through their overs quick like Jadeja will. If we can keep it tight we will get wickets, India don't like to be tied down.
SOK seems to be guaranteed a spot on the tour - he was pulled out of the BBL to focus on red-ball cricket. Head is probably fighting with Maxwell, Faulkner, Cartwright and Agar for two spots. I'm not convinced Head would be that economical against guys like Kohli, but I could be wrong!

Listening to Mark Waugh on commentary in the Big Bash game, it sounds like Mitch Marsh is definitely going to be on the squad. That's going to create a bit of discussion!

The full squad for the Test series against India is:

Ashton Agar, Jackson Bird, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steven O'Keefe, Matthew Renshaw, Steven Smith (C), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Wade (WK), David Warner (VC).

Thoughts everyone?

Batsmen:
Steve Smith (c)
David Warner (vc)
Usman Khawaja
Shaun Marsh
Matthew Renshaw
Peter Handscomb

Keeper:
Matthew Wade

All Rounders:
Ashton Agar
Mitchell Marsh
Glenn Maxwell

Bowlers:
Jackson Bird
Josh Hazlewood
Mitchell Starc
Nathan Lyon
Stephen O’Keefe
Mitchell Swepson

Travis Head has to feel unlucky i feel
I am disappointed for Adam Zampa mate - he is combative, clever, doesn't back down. A tour of India can set a man back many years, but Adam is a tough cookie. I think he would have thrived in the conditions and with the challenge put to him.

As for Travis Head, I expect that our little mate @Keatoboy will soon be on the doorstep of Cricket Australia armed with a pitchfork!! :)

I am amazed at the recalls for Glenn Maxwell and the Marsh brothers. I like Mitch a lot but jeepers....when WILL he arrive? Shaun has the unfortunate knack of picking up injuries quite frequently so his selection is always a gamble. As for Glenn Maxwell - when the "thing" you bring to the table comes off once in five or six attempts, it doesn't make you a Test cricketer I'm afraid.

Swepson is a big surprise but he is aggressive, lots of turn and will play for wickets. Good to see youngsters getting a go!!

MM is very lucky, solid player but no variation in his bowling, Faulkner would have been a better option on those wickets.

Maxwell is also lucky but you can 20 to his batting average with the runs he will prevent in the field and the pressure he creates

I'm going to have to open a Mitch marsh thread he is seriously fucking shit , one innings of half vollys and full tosses against Nz doesn't cut how poor he has been for along time for Australia , the old saying is that it's so hard to get in the side but when u get in it's harder to get out of it

I'm going to have to open a Mitch marsh thread he is seriously f***ing s*** , one innings of half vollys and full tosses against Nz doesn't cut how poor he has been for along time for Australia , the old saying is that it's so hard to get in the side but when u get in it's harder to get out of it
Any chance of some reasonable, thought-out opinion? Selection in the ICC's 2016 ODI team of the year says otherwise. His Test and ODI bowling records are by no means poor either.

Apparently we've descended to "Big Footy"/social media standard with the sort of language used above. Seriously guys, there are young-ish kids and women who use these forums too.
Any chance of some reasonable, thought-out opinion? Selection in the ICC's 2016 ODI team of the year says otherwise. His Test and ODI bowling records are by no means poor either.
Well said fellas.

Back
Top Bottom