The Annual Grub Award

Who is the grubbiest person currently playing in the NRL? Vote for unlisted player by posting name.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is one image from one game not a regular thing.............
;)

dangerous-tackle-origin.jpg

I love that photo. That's Gallen everybody in QLD wants to do that.
I should also point out that Thaiday was the one lifting the legs as Parker was controlling the body he is the one that looks bad in the image for slamming Gallen's head into the ground.

I love that photo. That's Gallen everybody in QLD wants to do that.
I should also point out that Thaiday was the one lifting the legs as Parker was controlling the body he is the one that looks bad in the image for slamming Gallen's head into the ground.
Everyone in QLD wants to put Gallen in a wheelchair? Hmm that's a bit intense. Maybe we should add you to the poll

Everyone in QLD wants to put Gallen in a wheelchair? Hmm that's a bit intense. Maybe we should add you to the poll
It would be a public service given he likes to punch people when they drop their hands and are showing no signs of aggression. He is a danger to not only the community but himself as well.

001paul_gallen628.jpg

It would be a public service given he likes to punch people when they drop their hands and are showing no signs of aggression. He is a danger to not only the community but himself as well.

001paul_gallen628.jpg

Allow me to pose a genuine question to you, if Gallen was a Qlda would you have the same opinion of him?

Love that philosophy its sooo true, I mentioned Nathan Brown earlier in the year being a grub, now he is going to be my grub :)
I may be wrong but I haven't noticed much grubbiness from Brown in the last 3 or so weeks. Maybe he has changed his ways Paul :thumbsup:

001paul_gallen628.jpg

Oh I forgot about the human forehead...............you can add him to the grub list up near the top as well.

Ross

Gallen for me hands down, #1 current playing grub. I can't wait till he retires, such a poor excuse for a role model.

Once Gallen goes, it will be a hard choice between Adam Blair and Michael Ennis

Congrats to 2016 winning grub Adam Blair!

Dishonourable mentions go to Michael Ennis, Nathan Brown and Josh Reynolds.

Nominations are now being accepted for the grub hall of fame. I nominate Justin Hodges.

Last edited:
Justin hodges is definitely up there but it is hard to pick one player especially in certain years (around tommy bishops playing days) there were quite a few. you have Alllan langer the tripper, steve linnane for eye gouging, john hopoate for finger up the bum, chris close king hit Grothe then dragged him off, les boyd broke Brohmans jaw, thirdman thaiday, andrew fifita is a grub on and off the field, nate myles head butting/kneeing and crapping in lobby of a hotel, Ben Te'o always collecting players high and off-field drama and of course Michael Crocker deliberatley going out of his way to take out Brett Stewart in the grandfinal. this is just a couple

Last edited:
Let's not forget Terry Lamb with the jewel in his crown being the "tackle" on Ellery Hanley in the 1988 Grand Final.

comprehensive list Jaede

I think Rocket Rod Reddy would make the grade a hardman but would fight dirty . I'm still amazed he didn't get sent off in the 77 GF replay more than once.

Back
Top Bottom