Tap 'N' Play Australian Cricket Legends - Signature Series (Signed Card Images on Page 2)

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

Neil from Tap 'N' Play has just sent to us the sell sheet for a new Cricket release titled Australian Cricket Legends - Signature Series 2014

These are on card autos available direct from Tap 'N' Play and limited to 50 cards only.

Australian Cricket Legends Signature Series 2014 - Sell Sheet.jpg

Neil mentioned the cards are being signed over the next week or so and there will be some images shared with us of the player signings and the finsihed product soon.

The cards are on sale now via the link below:

http://tapnplay.net/special-edition-cricket-ledgends-50-only/

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
So, this is the good news for collectors of which you have speaking? :) :) :)

I'm so bloody happy, this is fantastic!!

Matt forgive my ignorance/stupidity - are these going to be sold as a seven card set or individually?

So, this is the good news for collectors of which you have speaking? :) :) :)

I'm so bloody happy, this is fantastic!!

Matt forgive my ignorance/stupidity - are these going to be sold as a seven card set or individually?

From what Neil said individually and where possible if you buy them all you may be able to get all the same numbers. But i's imagine its a first in best dressed sort of situation.

Woo hoo!! Individually suits me, although I can see why buying a set would appeal too.

Matt, this is such a great development in the cricket collectibles market - I'm almost doing cartwheels.

Thanks to you also for keeping us updated and enthused....and now excited.

Woo hoo!! Individually suits me, although I can see why buying a set would appeal too.

Matt, this is such a great development in the cricket collectibles market - I'm almost doing cartwheels.

Thanks to you also for keeping us updated and enthused....and now excited.

I have been told that there is another little twist to these cards which may happen. Its something that hasnt been done in Cricket before and will certainly add to their collectability.

Neil said once the cards are signed they will be willing to share this info!

Cheers
Matt

They look great, shame that there's a few guys there we already have a few signature
cards of already.
OK guys now someone has to ask - How much do you think they go for?????

They look great, shame that there's a few guys there we already have a few signature
cards of already.
OK guys now someone has to ask - How much do you think they go for?????

That's the million dollar question, I guess it should be how much are you willing to pay?

Would expect a premium price, probably similar to a case card, given the limited quantities.
50 cards is certainly low.

The autos in the T20/big bash set were:
Big Bash Star - 300 cards
Big Bash Superstars - 100 cards.

The other SP Release with A-league/Socceroos were:
A-league players - 500 cards
Socceroos - 250 cards

This TnP approach will certainly remove any randomness normally associated with getting a auto card. Is that a good thing or not? No doubt a matter of opinion.

Forgot to mention that with the SP A-League/Socceroos release, there were case cards as well (A-league Champions - 4 cards in total) and those were limited to 110 cards of each type. Those were selling for $100 - $120 on ebay at the time.

Just to clarify, these will be sold direct to collectors via the Tap N Play website.

Also with there only being 50 of each player, the only other short print signature cricket card I can think of is the Border auto from many years ago which was numbered to 50. Most of the recent cards have been limited to 150 or 200 cards per player.

Also with there only being 50 of each player, the only other short print signature cricket card I can think of is the Border auto from many years ago which was numbered to 50. Most of the recent cards have been limited to 150 or 200 cards per player.

The SP Big Bash/T20 set included the limited release (100 cards) of a Shane Watson 'Piece of the Action' card which had a piece of his shirt within the card.

Can't remember what those were selling for on eBay, but I recall they were pricey. But of course that was memorabilia, not an auto.

If these new TnP cards are direct sales, it will be a case of first in best dressed as you say. Some players are going to be more popular than others, but if people who want all 7 cards can get the same number across all, then those buyers will probably have to get priority. I fear many tears will be shed with this release :cry: and that may not just be the price. :)

thanks matt for the message there are some cricket cards nov 14 on sale but neil said there working on the checklists when are they coming there the bbl cricket cards are they going at the newsagent

Thanks for the info Matt,

Looking forward to hearing a bit more about them, namely the price.

Hopefully the main release ones are out before the start of the BBL - ie. early December, if they hit the shelves in January, they will miss the boat all together with them. test series will be over & BBL half done.

Back
Top Bottom