Supanova Pop Culture Expo 2011 - Who's Excited?

Are you excited about Supanova 2011?

• (YES) I can't wait to get my nerd on!

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • (NO) "NERDDDDDDS!!!!!!"

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Whats Supanova?

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Dangerskillz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Stephan
hey guys,

it's coming up to that time of year again for Supanova. The first even as usual for Brisbane and Melbourne is held in early April. Guest stars announced so far are Christopher LLoyd (Back to the Future) Julie Benz (Dexter, No Ordinary Family) Stephen Lang (Avatar) Dileep Rao (Avatar, Inception) Denis O'Hare (True Blood) + lots more check Supa-Star Guests | Supanova Pop Culture Expo

Announced today joining that list from http://www.insiderevents.com.au are Shawnee Smith (Saw) & Jane Badler (V)..

Anyway that's for the Brisbane and Melbourne event alone which im hoping to make the trip over to Brisbane for. First line of guests for Perth & Sydney will be announced soon. Last year i got autographs from Eliza Dushku, Summer Glau and Michael Winslow! So i cant wait to add some more personally signed photos et cetera to my collection ;)

anybody else excited? :cool:

How do these things tend to work? Do they just have tables so you can queue for signatures with the celebs, or do you have to pay or buy stuff for them to sign?

Also, are these shows any good for buying non-sports cards, or are you better off sticking to eBay and websites such as this?

I'm a nerd but I'm not all that interested in getting actors to sign random photos so I never do conventions. I have cards for autos :)

How do these things tend to work? Do they just have tables so you can queue for signatures with the celebs, or do you have to pay or buy stuff for them to sign?

Also, are these shows any good for buying non-sports cards, or are you better off sticking to eBay and websites such as this?
Basically its a whole bunch of lining up... you will line up to buy autograph tickets and you can either pick up a print there that you can get the star to autograph or get them to autograph something else (e.g comic, action figure etc)

You then line up to get the autograph from the star in another line. Depending on the popularity of the star the longer the line. Price wise depends usually its $30-40 per autograph. Photos are another line all together but i dont bother with them though.

I've been to Supanova twice both in 2009 and 2010 (both Perth) and have never seen any thing to do with trading cards being sold usually just comics, action figures, merchandise, miscelanneous. I enjoy going as it's interesting meeting the talent on show. Last year i had good chats to authors, comic book writers and artists + the occasional actor guest star who's line didn't go for 20 metres back.

Cool. I want to check out the new one with Morena Baccarin :)

---------- Post added 31-01-2011 at 07:04 PM ----------

I'm a nerd but I'm not all that interested in getting actors to sign random photos so I never do conventions. I have cards for autos :)
Fair call. I'm thinking about commisioning a sketch card artist or 2 to do some cards to get the actors to sign this year. Something different :)

Fair call. I'm thinking about commisioning a sketch card artist or 2 to do some cards to get the actors to sign this year. Something different :)

An excellent idea, though you may have difficulty with timing as a commission can be quick or very slow. If I had more computer image skills (and printing access), I would make my own cards for actors/shows that haven't signed and mail them to get autographed. A bio of the actor on the back and image source, together with a clear statement that it's not an official card set and many actors are likely to sign.

1 person has voted NO :lol:
revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

An excellent idea, though you may have difficulty with timing as a commission can be quick or very slow. If I had more computer image skills (and printing access), I would make my own cards for actors/shows that haven't signed and mail them to get autographed. A bio of the actor on the back and image source, together with a clear statement that it's not an official card set and many actors are likely to sign.

I think i will need to get around to contacting some artists soon. I'm sure most will jump at the chance to show off work that has been signed though!

First round of Perth & Sydney guests announced

Cary Elwes (Robin Hood: Men in Tights), James Marsters (Buffy, Smallville, Torchwood), Luke Perry (90210), Morena Baccarin (V, Firefly, Serenity), Gareth David-Lloyd (Torchwood), Julie White (Transformers), Sean Maher (Firefly & Serenity), Gil Gerard (Buck Rodgers from 2th Century) + more comic and book guests
for more info scroll down to Perth & Melbourne
Supa-Star Guests | Supanova Pop Culture Expo

Jane Badler has now cancelled for Bris and Melb.

Just booked my ticket for Melbourne April 9th!

Some guests have cancelled..

Here's a current list of our guests*

TV/FILM SUPA-STARS
Tom Felton ('Draco Malfoy' from Harry Potter)
Simon Pegg & Nick Frost (PAUL, Hot Fuzz) Saturday, Melbourne only
Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future)
Julie Benz (Dexter)
Dileep Rao (Inception)
Denis O'Hare (True Blood)
Jodelle Ferland (Twilight: Eclipse)
Tahmoh Penikett (Battlestar Galactica)
Clare Kramer (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Richard Norton (The Octagon)
Shawnee Smith (SAW)
Peter Williams (Stargate SG-1)
Tony Amendola (Stargate SG-1)

ANIME & CARTOON VOICE-ACTORS
Greg Cipes (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
Mike McFarland (DragonBall Z)
Yuko Miyamura (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Tiffany Grant (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Matt Greenfield (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

COMIC-BOOK CREATORS
Chris Claremont (Uncanny X-Men)
Greg Capullo (Spawn)
Ben Templesmith (30 Days of Night)
Colin Wilson (Star Wars: Invasion)
Tom Taylor (Star Wars: Invasion)
Shane McCarthy (All Hail Megatron)
Stewart McKenny (DC Super Friends)
Jon Sommariva (Go Boy 7)

SCI-FI & FANTASY AUTHORS
Robin Hobb (The Farseer Trilogy)
Marianne De Pierres (Parrish Plessis series)
Jennifer Fallon (The Tide Lords)
Rowena Cory Daniells (The Last T'En' trilogy)
Ian Irvine (The Three Worlds Sequence) Brisbane only
Trudi Canavan (Black Magician Trilogy) Melbourne only

MUSICIANS
Kirby Krackle

* All guests confirmed health and other commitments pending.

no iam sick of waiting for nova iam from sydney andarmagedden is here in sydney 26th not waiting for nova

only 3 more weeks until i fly to Melbourne. Can't wait to meet Julie Benz and Christopher LLoyd :)

Back
Top Bottom