Sundays Card Show

#1 Eels fan

a 1 eyed EELS supporter
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Mighty Eels
Just for curiosity:rolleyes:, wanted to see how many card enthusiasts:thumbsup: from this site were actually going to the card show in Sydney this weekend apart from myself. Maybe we should all meet up???????:wave:

Cheers dave

carnt wait for this show im sitting at home having a quite night in saving those pennys for tomorrow morning at the show
see u all there

jono

can some people please get some photos of the place and the stores. Wierd i know but i have never been to one of these card show (live in perth) and just wanna se whats its like

Thanks for everyone that came to the show today. There were quite a few punters and we all had a good time i believe! As requested:

Oct08EarlyMorning.jpg

Oct08LeeNRL.jpg

Oct08Lozza.jpg

Oct08Neat2.jpg

Oct08ClaytonNRL.jpg

Oct08ClaytonNeat.jpg

Oct08DGCollectables.jpg

Oct08DanNRL.jpg

Thanks for everyone that came to the show today. There were quite a few punters and we all had a good time i believe! As requested:

Oct08EarlyMorning.jpg

Oct08LeeNRL.jpg

Oct08Lozza.jpg

Oct08Neat2.jpg

Oct08ClaytonNRL.jpg

Oct08ClaytonNeat.jpg

Oct08DGCollectables.jpg

Oct08DanNRL.jpg

Hey guys, a little off topic but in the photos the cards on one of the tables that are a whole set are wrapped in a plastic, is that some type of acid free plastic and where can you get it from. Sorry if its a dumb question but the excess sets i have from this years NRL series i wanted to wrap up and put away, and thought count boxes would be the only way to go, ive tried photo shops but they only ahve a really thick plastic that is no where near flexible enough to wrap around cards,
Cheers

this was the first card show i had ever been too and i was bit surprised to see just how much was on offer, Laurie was a true champion considering he had just got of a plane. both my son and i swapped a few cards etc, put faces to some very friendly names and we generally had a good time there. i am surprised there are not more of these more often and what would be even better and that is to have one in Newcastle maybe we should try and organise one . i recommend anyone to go along to these card shows as there are literally thousands of cards to pick up and complete sets with.
So apart from the really sticky floor (what was that about??????) we had a really good time there.
Cheers Dave

So apart from the really sticky floor (what was that about??????)

Many years and many litres of alcoholic beverages have been spilt/regurgitated on that floor ;)

It was a great day and a huge turnout, hopefully some of the new visitors to the show know now what goes on and will come back in the future. And bring their friends!

Are you referring to Team Bags? Where about 10 or so cards are put in a big plastic sleeve and sealed off?
Hey guys, a little off topic but in the photos the cards on one of the tables that are a whole set are wrapped in a plastic, is that some type of acid free plastic and where can you get it from. Sorry if its a dumb question but the excess sets i have from this years NRL series i wanted to wrap up and put away, and thought count boxes would be the only way to go, ive tried photo shops but they only ahve a really thick plastic that is no where near flexible enough to wrap around cards,
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom