Not open for further replies.

bigAlcards

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Alan
eBay User
967alan
Hi,
I was lucky enough to pull a Steve Smith Jersey Number Gold Card limited to 12/49 from my box break.
Would you class these gold cards more rare than a signature/match jersey card due to the limited numbers produced???
I would be interested to know what you think about this card and what sort of $$$ value you would put on it???
This card may be up for sale depending on the responses from this thread!!
Looking forward to hearing your opinion!
Cheers
Al

1478850938239.jpg

1478851032498.jpg

Nice card Al

Lots of likes, no comments! Does no one want to go out on a limb? :blink:

Very nice card, definitely rarer than the signatures, will be valued higher now, will fall by seasons end and then be a chased card in years to come!

I would not be surprised to see this card sell for $300+.

Cheers Damian :thumbsup:

Hi Damian,
I was going to 'like' your reply but I thought I'd write a reply!!
Many thanks for your response.
It will be interesting to see how the market goes when more cases/boxes are opened and more limited inserts become available.
The majority of the inserts that I have seen in this set are very nice cards and could be well worth collecting

Cheers
Al

I agree Al

I will chase a master set, just don't tell the bank! Or wife!! Lol

I also don't like my chances of getting some of the Jersey Gold cards where the run is under 10. Khawaja, Marsh boys and Perry. These cards could go $450+ and being honest, hope they do! Cricket needs some good chases and bring some value back into our collecting world.

Hang onto it mate unless you get a great offer!

Happy collecting
Damian

The signature cards are looking around $80-$90 right now and they're limited to 210. A card limited to 49 could go for $200 or more. But I do think it's a bit early in the piece to be able to slap a definite value on these cards :)

I don't get why anyone would pay more for a numbered card (of a parallel) than of a personally signed card. How have Australian card company's conned people into this way of thinking? This just blows my mind!!! It would cost them sweet fa to put some foil stamped numbers on them, yet signatures would cost more to get. In any other sport, in any other country this is a $20 card.

As always, the value of the card is determined solely by the individuals "want" for the card. An avid collector will pay more to get it into his/her collection if they really want it. I am sure most people would agree they have paid "overs" to secure a card they needed to fill a gap!
Damian, as always you get to the heart of the matter where collecting is concerned! For example I just bought one of the Panini Eternal cards (of LeBron James from last year's finals series), and a lot of people reckon they are way overpriced. However, it is numbered to 25, I love how it looks and I really admire what LeBron did for his city. So it will mean a lot to ME when it arrives :)

Damian, as always you get to the heart of the matter where collecting is concerned! For example I just bought one of the Panini Eternal cards (of LeBron James from last year's finals series), and a lot of people reckon they are way overpriced. However, it is numbered to 25, I love how it looks and I really admire what LeBron did for his city. So it will mean a lot to ME when it arrives :)
And that's the reason we collect my friend, to enrich our collections and keep something to look back on and talk to our children about!!

And that's the reason we collect my friend, to enrich our collections and keep something to look back on and talk to our children about!!
Well said Damian! It's disappointing that some players are cynical about what we do. Just last week George Bailey asked me what I do with all my stuff and when I told him I keep it all he stared at me as if I was lying. I guess that's the influence of eBay!

I'm sure most/all of us have paid over the odds for that one card to complete the set!
I have certainly been guilty of that!! Sometimes you just can't leave it, even if it is over priced, you never know when it will come up again so 'I'll get it, then the set is complete!'
Also, there are many collectors who chase team and individual player cards, or just collect because they have personal memory of a particular game that they will always remember.
And we all hope that our kids will have the same level of interest as we do rather than giving us a vacant look and asking 'but why dad?!!'

I'm sure most/all of us have paid over the odds for that one card to complete the set!
I have certainly been guilty of that!! Sometimes you just can't leave it, even if it is over priced, you never know when it will come up again so 'I'll get it, then the set is complete!'
Also, there are many collectors who chase team and individual player cards, or just collect because they have personal memory of a particular game that they will always remember.
And we all hope that our kids will have the same level of interest as we do rather than giving us a vacant look and asking 'but why dad?!!'
Or shrugging their shoulders and saying "whatever" !! Lol

If you want it for your private collection thats cool,If you are looking to sell it move it one now,this card is limited edition,its now signed its not a jersey patch card,I would like to think you will get good money for it low end of market $20,high end $50.
Good luck i hope you get heaps more for it.

If you want it for your private collection thats cool,If you are looking to sell it move it one now,this card is limited edition,its now signed its not a jersey patch card,I would like to think you will get good money for it low end of market $20,high end $50.
Good luck i hope you get heaps more for it.

Are you actually saying $50 is what this card is worth? Surely not. I'm going to have a guess and say between $200 and $250.

First off this is only a limited edition card.
Prices on cards also depend of there form and Steve Smith plus the Australia team are not doing much good even know they are playing a good team.
This does not have a patch of a jersey which as we know the Brett Lee card is $150.Does not matter on the number,you will need to put it out now if you want to get the best price you can.because what it is worth right now will be worth only 50% of that in four weeks time because everyone dumps stock and this happens after every release.

Corey, whilst your feedback is valued, dude, please turn spell check on or at least read back what you write before pressing "post reply"

In Corey's response above, he is responding as a reseller. What he writes is correct. Generally the value of the cards will be higher immediately after release and will feather down after a month or so. In this case, don't forget this is a release for the BBL series which is a December 20th start. This hopefully means that interest will spike again then and run through the end of January when the series concludes. Not all collectors hang out on OCT or online forums. I still trade with some of mine via good old snail mail!

There doesn't seem to be as much early interest this release so there may well be a reliance on the re-seller so if prices are going to be low, then this is great for the collector. I will buy as many as I can for $20 so resellers please contact me!!

Swapping/trading has always been a great way to build your collection but this year I think it will be a hard slog! Not as many case buyers pre release and not a lot of action on the forums. I hope it picks up and I hope that Tap n Play sells through as having an Australian cricket card release has bought me back to collecting as well as introduced many youngsters to collecting. The tap n play product (as well as cow corner) has introduced many to this forum as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom