Sheedy gets the axe

that would be disgraceful if he finished up at the end of the week. They play the Tigers in the final round at the G, the team Sheedy played for and which promises to have a big crowd in attendance. If they were smart they would just let him see out the year and cash in on rd22 in a game no one would attend anyway unless it was as significant as it could be.
Its not like they cant start the search for a new coach with Sheedy coaching the remainding 6 matches. Wouldnt be fair to alot of people at the club and especially Hird who is a AFL great and has publicly stated it's his last playing year and he has been under Sheedy for his whole playing career.
Very stange IMO

This could turn out to be curse like for the Essendon football team.
When the MFC sacked poor old Norm Smith after all his preimership success we haven't been the same since and have been starved of a flag for 43 years.

that would be disgraceful if he finished up at the end of the week. They play the Tigers in the final round at the G, the team Sheedy played for and which promises to have a big crowd in attendance. If they were smart they would just let him see out the year and cash in on rd22 in a game no one would attend anyway unless it was as significant as it could be.
Its not like they cant start the search for a new coach with Sheedy coaching the remainding 6 matches. Wouldnt be fair to alot of people at the club and especially Hird who is a AFL great and has publicly stated it's his last playing year and he has been under Sheedy for his whole playing career.
Very stange IMO

Thought the bomber's last game was against the Eagles at subiaco???? :blink:

He already said he'll be staying till seasons end.

o i thought i heard in the conference Sheedy trying to promote for a big crowd in his last game as the Essendon Football Club coach against the Tigers.

my bad than.

He already said he'll be staying till seasons end.

im just reading what i read of Magicman's post.

just checked they play each other in rd 21 :thumbsup:

o i thought i heard in the conference Sheedy trying to promote for a big crowd in his last game as the Essendon Football Club coach against the Tigers.

my bad than.

im just reading what i read of Magicman's post.

just checked they play each other in rd 21 :thumbsup:

His last game in melb i think he meant!

Good on Sheed for sticking it out! I just watched the press conference on the web....

Its quite obvious what the Bombers have done here. If you look you see 3 other teams vying for a coach for next season, so the Bombers i think have decided to make their call now (which was prob at seasons end anyway) because of all the vacancy's available.

They want to get the best available coach before anyone else does. I think Sheedy was on the outer at seasons end anyway. Its very disrespectful as someone said but i think the Bombers are already planning for next season..

sad day for me as a bombers boy,only known sheeds as coach,and ive meet him a couple of time...top bloke...all i can say as a supporter that the f@#king board better get it right,why do it if theres no real coaches out there,apart from the others the were sacked/stood down...!

ive seen 4 flags in my life 84/85 93 2000

thanks for the memorys sheeds

cheers

sad day for me as a bombers boy,only known sheeds as coach,and ive meet him a couple of time...top bloke...all i can say as a supporter that the f@#king board better get it right,why do it if theres no real coaches out there,apart from the others the were sacked/stood down...!

ive seen 4 flags in my life 84/85 93 2000

thanks for the memorys sheeds

cheers

Only thing sad about it is that it didn'y happen sooner :lol:

Only thing sad about it is that it didn'y happen sooner

I'm no Essendon fan but I think Sheedy deserves more respect than that.
Love him or hate him, he's done a lot to promote the game and to promote indigenous footballers.
I hope he stays involved in football.

Back
Top Bottom