sending cards to players to get autos

Trey

David Robinson Collector
Real Name
Marty
eBay User
admiral5071
what sort of tips and tricks do you guys have?

Im down to having about 20 of the same doubles of robinson, and thought maybe I could try it out...do you think sending it to the spurs would get to him? what sorta protection do you put the card in...what do you write in the letter?

is there some sorta website or something that lists who does and who doesnt? id be interested to try it out with all these commons I have lying around, especially of players who now have become involved in a franchise, so you know where to send em!

I'm off to bed but will edit this later with all the info and how to list. I have lists of addresses etc and am a member of few ttm auto websites. I have about 40+ ttm autos from over the years.

OK Trey.

Firstly you write a small note telling the player they are great and would they please sign for you. Its easy and nice and less rude than just a card expected to be signed. Say you are from OZ and if you want ask for it to be personalized as that shows its not for resale. Most players dont' realise its not worth much without a cert like pack cards etc.

Try to go for the less shinny cards not the chrome ones. They tend to smude easy. The lighter the card the better the auto shows.

If you don't have the luxury of sending to a mate in the US then go on eBay and just buy some normal 50 cent US stamps. Put two of these on your sase addressed to you here in OZ.

Current players take ages to sign. Some over 200 days+. Legends, past players and coaches sign much quicker.

I've got some back in 8 days or so!

Here are some sites with player addresses. Both are good and tried and tested. If you need a player not there ask me as I have lists of addresses too. You can buy these off the net too each year.

http://www.star-collector.net/

http://www.sportscollectors.net/default.aspx

Some are home addresses, some team, some c/o the hall of fame.

You will need to send the card, sase and note in a normail airmail white envelope and postage will set you back $1.80 Aust. I know we hate getting cards back in white envelopes but I rarely get a damaged card back and it makes it all a lot cheaper. I use toploders mainly but find some players damage the card getting it out.

Hopefully you something special like this!

:D :D :D
cousyauto.jpg

Where was it I saw someone sent cards to a player in toploaders and the player didnt even bother taking the cards out - just signed the toploader!! LOL

Hope that wasnt you Chad ..

thanks chad, i knew you'd be the man...

I might plan an attack, and maybe invest 50 bucks or something into giving them a go!

Back
Top Bottom