Panini Blog Scorching: Panini America Peeks Fireworks Insert in 2011-12 Past & Present Basketball

Panini Blog

Panini Blog
Real Name
Panini
paniniamericapastpresentfireworks8.jpg

With the 2012 NBA Playoffs set to begin today, it’s obvious that things are about to heat up in arenas across the league. But it’s getting hot inside Panini America HQ right about now, too.
Next week, the unique 2011-12 Past & Present Basketball begins packing out with a refreshing, new-meets-old mix of players and printing technologies that should be warmly embraced by hoops collectors of all levels. And one of the coolest inclusions in the product is actually one of the hottest: The 20-card Fireworks insert.
Boasting a superstar-stacked checklist, a scorching design and a stunning high-gloss, raised-relief finish, Fireworks is almost too hot handle. Almost. Luckily, though, holding one is the best way to truly appreciate all that Fireworks has to offer. But until you’re able to do that (the product begins shipping next week), the following gallery should fan the flames of anticipation.
Enjoy. And stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance tomorrow for a sneak preview of 2011-12 Past & Present Basketball’s Raining 3s insert, another technology-tinged beauty that must be seen — and, ultimately, touched — to be appreciated.

b.gif

Continue reading...

These are very nice. I hope they keep them without the game used or autos and make em rare as hens teeth. Maybe 1:500 packs???

Obviously I'm going off a 36 pack box.

Thoughts?

Yeah that would be good, i long for the day when you would chase super rare inserts and there wasnt a million parrallels of it.

I want to see what they look like in hand. The raised and relief they are talking about im guessing means they are embossed?
Just seen the Raining 3's pics and they look pretty nice too.

Agree'd that they should be in the 1:100+ packs.

I have always struggled to but an approximate comparison together when it comes to insert ratios and card numbering!

As a roughy, what sort of numbering would be equivalent to 1:100?? Any ideas?

They remind me a little of the 95/96 Flair Anticipation if they do emboss the flame.

I'm not as big a fan of the 3's insert set. Looking forward to seeing what else they'll do.

Good to see Panini listening to the fans and keep mixing it up. Can these guys keep getting better and better?

I have always struggled to but an approximate comparison together when it comes to insert ratios and card numbering!

As a roughy, what sort of numbering would be equivalent to 1:100?? Any ideas?

I don't think it will be HUGE numbering, anything around 50 would be great I reckon. They don't mass produce their products (I think).

lol! all im saying is its nice to have some things a little more exclusive not every set needs to be a parallel, although we do like there to be some parallel sets for the rainbow chasers....meh i know what im trying to say!

I knew what you meant too! ;)

I don't think it will be HUGE numbering, anything around 50 would be great I reckon. They don't mass produce their products (I think).

I guess, if you have the time, it could be worked out to get a comparison!

For example, and I chose an easy one!

The Prime Silhouettes from Preferred would work out to be just under 1:10 boxes

So 1:40 packs (assuming they would only be 1 in a box!

That is pretty common considering the status of them in the secondary market??

Back
Top Bottom