Schenscher signed ....

clarkescards

OzCards Greatest Hero!!!!
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
clarkescards
Just thought I'd share this, as I didn't see another thread.

Luke Schenscher has been signed by the Portland Trailblazers for the remainder of the season (after 2 x 10 day contracts).

At least there is 1 Aussie playing in the NBA...

:cool:

Luke still in Sixers' plan
April 06, 2007 02:15am

LUKE Schenscher signing with the NBA's Portland Trail Blazers for the rest of the season does not alter Adelaide's chances of securing him for the 2007-08 NBL season.

"Nothing's changed for us beyond the fact Luke's been given more opportunity to showcase his skills," 36ers coach Phil Smyth said.
"It's fantastic for Luke but what happens to him next season is what's pertinent to us."

Adelaide will wait and see if the 216cm former Southern Tigers junior is contracted to play in the NBA in 2007-08. If he is unsuccessful, he would become available to the 36ers in November after veterans' camp.

"I think he has eight games to go (this season) so that scenario hasn't really changed," Smyth said.

Portland signed Schenscher from Fort Worth Flyers in the NBA's Development League to a 10-day contract on March 15. On March 25, they gave him a second 10-day contract, extended to the end of the season.

In 2005-06, after four years playing college basketball at Georgia Tech, Schenscher played in the D-League with Fort Worth, finishing the year with the Chicago Bulls after following a similar consecutive 10-day contract route. Unlike the Bulls though, the Trail Blazers (30-44) will not be contesting playoffs, giving Schenscher eight games to show he has NBA bona fides.

The Hope Forest centre is expected home in the off-season.

Yeah!. Thats awesome news, Good on him. Hope someone gets injured and he can play lots of minutes. (not wishing bad on anyone else but.........well ok i am .......go aussie!.

Schenscher focused on NBA
11/04/2007

36ers Operations Manager Paul Bauer has told The Advertiser Luke Schenscher is looking increasingly likely to be unavailable for Adelaide next season.

Schenscher has just signed a new contract for the remainder of the 2006/07 NBA season with the Portland TrailBlazers and Bauer told The Advertiser's Boti Nagy that the South Australian centre was firmly focused on earning a long-term contract in the NBA.

"His agent knows we want to put an offer to Luke but has told us to hold off sending it to him," Bauer said.

"His agent is consumed with getting Luke into the NBA or Europe, although he has told us Adelaide would be Luke's destination if he comes back. Personally I think we need to have a look at some of the other big man options available to us because the way he (Luke) is going (in the NBA at present), I don't think he'll be with us."

Hopes had been high that the 36ers could convince Schenscher to sign with the Sixers if he did not earn a contract for the 2007/08 NBA season at veterans' camps later this year.

The 36ers need to look for another prospect. Luke doesn't want to play NBL, he's like David Andersen, either go NBA or Europe! And I don't blame him. Although David Andersen could easily play NBA, he just wants more money.

Back
Top Bottom