rockets08 - Rude B*st*rd!

Hennessy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hendra Barnes
Hi guys,

Just at work. Got a bit of free time so I thought I'd share my stupid situation that I encountered today.

Auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8722257408&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Since the auction stated that he only ships to the U.S., I thought I'd enquire.

My enquiry:

Hi mate. What a card. I'm a BIG Allen Iverson collector and I'm highly interested to participate on your auction for this card. Unfortunately, I'm currently residing in Sydney, Australia. Are you able to deal internationally? You can trust me if you're ever worried because I'm located internationally. I have 100% feedback on my eBay account and I have some trade references. I hope to hear from you with the good news. Thanks.

His reply:

I guess I could but it looks like rates to ship this to Australia is anywhere from $10 to $22 and that is not with insurance or any kind of delivery confirmation. I guess it depends upon how quickly you want it and how much you want to pay?

My counter-reply:

I appreciate that you took your time to reply to my enquiry.

Re: Shipping cost $10 to $22 USD to Sydney, Australia is totally absurd. For comparison, I can get 5 units of 1:400 scale diecast models to Sydney for that amount of money. And we are talking about one piece of cardboard here.

Are you using USPS for shipping worldwide? Perhaps Global Priority would be secure enough? Even Registered Post will only cost $11.00USD at most.

Please re-check your shipping quote again.

His blast-off:

Just forget it. i changed my mine I'm not going to sit
and argue with you about this. I will only ship in the
U.S. No Foreign shipping. Now that's absurd! Right!

My ending:

Who's arguing? I was questioning your wrongly quoted shipping price. I guess you don't like to be corrected, which is fine by me.

It's your loss, not mine! I could've place a nice bid seeing as I'm a big collector of Allen Iverson.

I guess I should be proud that I handled this matter in a calming manner and to leave it at that, but I do look forward to his next reply, if he was to reply.

Yes, he didn't handle things very well there did he!!
I think though that, with the benefit of hindsight, you may have been able to use a different word than 'absurd'.
I think that's what he got upset about.
Anyway, his loss.
His Auction probably won't bring as high a price without your bid!!

Lockymac: Yeh, I think it may be the big *A* word that he got upset about. But to be honest with ya, that was the first word that got into my head at the time.

Oh well... :lol:

But it's not that big a deal
He sounds pretty temperamental!!
Bad luck
But hopefully you can find another AI on eBay.com

I asked a similar question of an ebay seller recently when he quoted $35 -45 USD on a single card coming from the US.
:shock:

I nicely said to him that he could send it via USPS for a lot less than what he was quoting.

His reply was that if I didnt like the charges dont bid on the auction! What a dunce!

Cheers
Matt

LOL morons, thats when I wish you could leave another type of feedback, like a general customer service type...dont bother with em, they dont deserve your money...

Yeah you were WAY out of line mate! :x :x

Some sellers reflect the majortity of America. Pure ignorance and knowlege of those outside the US. And they don't want to know either.

I'd have been a lot LESS nicer than you... lol.

I hate being ripped off like that, so I would have told em straight up.

You can pick that card up again Hendra, you'll be right dude!

Chin up...
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom