Recruiting for the OFFICIAL Ozcards Yahoo Fantasy NBA League!

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
Hi guys,

The time has come for the fourth consecutive season of the official Ozcards Yahoo Fantasy Basketball league.

In the interest of competition, I've made an executive decision to open up two spots for newcomers who would like to play in this highly competitive league.

There were 3 teams last season that ended their season severely behind the rest of the pack, and as such I will be allowing some new players to take their spots (if you would like).

Please post here if you would like to play, in what I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is the longest-standing consecutive played Yahoo Basketball League on the forum.

Keen for an owners spot if still available. Only ever played ESPN fantasy ball, can't imagine it's that different. Is this a keeper league, and is this the reason for the previous owners poor record, or do you re-draft each year? Please PM me league details if there's still spot available.
Cheers
Richard

I would be keen to join, although I'm not an expert by any means.

I have played yahoo & espn for several sports for several years, and I find yahoo much more user friendly (although I don't know how they stack up for the true fans).

That is a great idea Matt. Has anyone out there played both ESPN Fantasy AND Yahoo? I am looking for a comparison to see which format is better.

Yahoo is a lot more user friendly. Some of the formatting on the ESPN site is quite puzzling, and overall Yahoo is more popular. You'll find more fantasy players overall over at Yahoo and the better players there too. Yahoo has built great fan loyalty when it comes to Fantasy Basketball over the years.

Guys currently we have two spots available. FabFiveFan and motiv8dan I will send you PMs as you replied first.

As for the rest of you, I am certain that NOT all members will return, as usually there are at least 2 who are non-responsive or the timing just doesn't suit them. If you are happy to wait a week or so I'll shoot you invites if the league isn't filled.

If there is STILL a lot who want to play after that, could I suggest Matt's idea of starting a second league - and perhaps next year combining the best teams (based on overall record and playoffs) into my running league and having a "big league" "little league" type format for the years to come... Thoughts on that?

Sorry for the delay guys just giving older members a chance to sign up. I'll send PM's to Papparazzi, Sergeant Pepper, GarnettFan and SkillsSwitch in a few days if I've not heard back from the others. No worries either as the draft won't be till mid-late October!

Back
Top Bottom