***Pull Of The Month November Nominations***

33WING

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Leigh
eBay User
frontier_basketball_cards_and_memorabilia
RULES

- Members that fail to post a link of their break will not be considered for voting

- Link to your box break must be posted on OZCARDS, even if it's just a list of what you have but a scan or picture is required. Just posting a picture of the card and saying it was pulled from a live video break will not be accepted, just posting a list will not be accepted.

- Open to Australian residents only.

- Members card must be from a live box break that has been posted on OZCARDS within that month, exceptions have been made for box breaks done at Card Shows/Shops within Australia providing you have sufficient video evidence.

- Member responsible for the Break/Pull must nominate themselves to have a chance at the poll.

- Members with multiple hits/nominations can only post 1 for the month.

- Each card nominated will be entered into a week long voting poll and the winners will be determined by the community.

- Scans or photos of hits must be provided

- If suspected of a magical box break proof of purchase will be required (magicians will be determined by the community)

- Competition is open to basketball box & case breaks only.

- Redemptions are not included but allowances are made for redemptions that arrive within that month, very unlikely but anything is possible.

- You can change your nomination if you happen to pull something better.

- If your nomination has not been added to the list for that month you might have to read through all the above, I will not chase members for evidence or something else they have missed.

EXAMPLE OF HOW TO POST YOUR NOMINATION

CARD DETAILS: 2010-11 Blake Griffin Spectrum Auto #22/25

LINK & PROOF OF BOX BREAK: http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/basketball-live-box-breaks/108242-10-11-panini-absolute-memorabilia-mojo-totally-certified-pineapple.html

PHOTO OR SCAN OF CARD
P1080183-Copy2.jpg

1PRIZE.jpg

2PRIZE.jpg

3PRIZE.jpg

4PRIZE.jpg

NOVEMBER NOMINATIONS

cbricho - 2011/12 SP Authentic Michael Jordan By The Letter Auto #10/23.

PB130016.jpg

Thanks guys.

Re: Pull Of The Month Show your Intrest

Just to clarify, when you say

- Redemptions are not included.

Do you mean period? So unlike other versions of the comp where you can submit the card once it's come in, this one you can't at all, ever?

Re: *** Pull Of The Month September ***

Updated post #1 with some more details, this will go ahead for this month.

Just post your details in this thread, details about what and how to nominate yourself will be in post #1

Good Luck all.

So what if you pull a Jordan auto redemption then receive the card 2 weeks later in the same month?

If the redemption comes in within that month I don't see why it can't be nominated, but we both know that this is impossible, afterall it is Panini and Upper Deck we're talking about.

Any other nitpicking questions?

Stupid question. Why is it limited to basketball only?

I started this up approx 2008 and the majority of activity on this site was Basketball but I have noticed a change since then so I'm open to ideas of adding other sports.

I like the idea and would like to hear from other collector's that collect other sports but to be honest there is not enough intrest from people here anymore.

Thanks.

Re: ***Pull Of The Month September Nominations***

well i hope im the only one who enters.. so i win.. all three prizes.. lol.. i just hope panini doesnt redeem Aarons - Kevin Durants HRX 1/1 auto.. hahaha

to kick things off!!

even though i pulled a 1/1 in the same break.. im gonna nominate the Triple RC Autos - Rose, Beasley and Mayo (even tho they are sticker autos :()

Future Signs - #ed 10/10

RoseTripleAuto.jpg

RoseTripleAutoBack.jpg

Breaklink: http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru.../105159-1x-10-11-tt-1-08-09-skybox-hobby.html

Stupid question. Why is it limited to basketball only?

Because it's the Basketball section ;)

I started this up approx 2008 and the majority of activity on this site was Basketball but I have noticed a change since then so I'm open to ideas of adding other sports.

I like the idea and would like to hear from other collector's that collect other sports but to be honest there is not enough intrest from people here anymore.

If you have a nomination for this month by all means post it here and I'll put it in.

Thanks.

I believe this was brought up in the past and I still stand by my opinion I had back then. This is the BASKETBALL section, so BASKETBALL only. If people want to run comps for other sports in the OTHER sections then I say GO FOR IT...... but personally I don't wanna see other sports in this comp because I have no interest at looking at them for the most part, seeing as it is in the BBall section there is a good chance a lot of people voting wouldn't know what card was better than the other card and thirdly.... I really don't wanna see AFL junk in here. ;)

Because it's the Basketball section ;)

I believe this was brought up in the past and I still stand by my opinion I had back then. This is the BASKETBALL section, so BASKETBALL only. If people want to run comps for other sports in the OTHER sections then I say GO FOR IT...... but personally I don't wanna see other sports in this comp because I have no interest at looking at them for the most part, seeing as it is in the BBall section there is a good chance a lot of people voting wouldn't know what card was better than the other card and thirdly.... I really don't wanna see AFL junk in here. ;)

It was mentioned back a few years ago and it wasn't going to work because not everyone knows about the different sports and non sports, I also think that the volume of basketball breaks on a monthly basis provides plenty of great cards for the competition to be basketball only.

I've decided to leave it as a basketball only competition, sorry for any inconvenience caused devo.

Arthy23 has the first nomination in which can be seen in post #1 and this will be updated accordingly, post your nomination for the month so he doesn't take all the prizes.:p

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but for me this is a no brainer.
This site is my best find this month, I've dragged out my old cards. Met some nice people and have even bought a card off ebay already.
It's been a long time and it's time to find something to collect again.

No stress Maso. I understand.
I was only enquiring because I should be getting in a case of Topps UFC finest later this month (if it isn't delayed).
A frenzied case rip should pull something half decent.

I'll just have to break a box of Basketball then. Any excuse to rip.......

No stress Maso. I understand.
I was only enquiring because I should be getting in a case of Topps UFC finest later this month (if it isn't delayed).
A frenzied case rip should pull something half decent.

I'll just have to break a box of Basketball then. Any excuse to rip.......

Thanks for understanding mate, there's nothing stopping you from running a comp for other sports, I'd love to do it but running one comp is a handful in itself.

I'm a little confused - is POTM September for cards that were pulled during September, or during August?

On the previous rules thread it was pretty clear that it was for pulls from the month before:

"- All submissions are to be made of pulls from the month before. SO the August comp will be for any pulls during the month of July."

Is this still the case? Was Arthy's card pulled in Aug or Sep? think it was right on the edge somewhere! I haven't had any great pulls in either month so it doesn't affect me, but just wanted to clarify as I will be busting some more wax in the coming weeks.

I'm a little confused - is POTM September for cards that were pulled during September, or during August?

On the previous rules thread it was pretty clear that it was for pulls from the month before:

"- All submissions are to be made of pulls from the month before. SO the August comp will be for any pulls during the month of July."

Is this still the case? Was Arthy's card pulled in Aug or Sep? think it was right on the edge somewhere! I haven't had any great pulls in either month so it doesn't affect me, but just wanted to clarify as I will be busting some more wax in the coming weeks.

I'm running it the same way I did back in 2008 and that is people will nominate themselves for 1 card pulled within that current month, It worked a treat back then without any problems and everyone was happy.

Arhty23's link to that break was the start of September so there is no problem there, nominations will close on the last day of each month and voting will begin soon after which will run for a couple of weeks.

I hope this clears things up a bit.:v:

I'll be updating post #1 on a regular basis so get those nominations in, I'd also like to announce a new 4th prize of $10 from NW Card Supplies, I'm sure I speak on behalf of the community when I say thanks to those sellers and suppliers that have stepped up and made the decision to offer prizes, the smaller online sellers make next to nothing from this but they still choose to give back to the community which is fantastic and should be given some free advertisement from the Admin team.

Back
Top Bottom