PSA/DNA & GAI claim the UD Baseball card that sold for $85,000 has 2 fake signatures!

Re: PSA/DNA & GAI claim the UD Baseball card that sold for $85,000 has 2 fake signatu

WTF?!hold on, so UD knowingly had fake sigs on the card or what? or is that just PSA's etc opinion?

At the moment UD are standing by the signatures however PSA/DNA and GAI said that both the Babe Ruth and Walter Johnson were "poorly done fakes" and "likely not genuine".

This will be very interesting to follow.

Cheers
Matt

P.S Great Avatar BTW!!

man... did you read the posts.... they cant be serious....

would love to watch the show...

does anyone know a link for HBO shows ?

Re: PSA/DNA & GAI claim the UD Baseball card that sold for $85,000 has 2 fake signatu

Shit thats huge! this could be the biggest scandal to hit the hobby ever! If they are found to be fakes, it puts into question all UD auto's authenticity...Ive always thought to myself though, whose to know if any of the stuff on cards can be 100% proved to be authentic. If UD were faking stuff, whose gonna hold an investigation into it, no one would be the wiser.

jesus, imagine finding out your jordan autos are fakes...

i think modern cards autos are genuine,
when you are dealing with deceased players the writing is never 100% for sure unless its from the family..

but with todays cards the athlete is still alive and makes it alot easier to get the auto.

im not even re-reading what i just wrote..
it was bad engrish

LOL good thing he sold it!

I'd side with psa and gai on this. UD never witnessed the signing of course and don't authenticate like the other two who have huge catologues of Ruth autos etc to compare them.

I'd expect some court action by the current owner if its all proven true. This wont look good for UD at all.

Still with the monopoly on the hobby they have this could be a good thing.

chadjaja® said:
LOL good thing he sold it!

I'd side with psa and gai on this. UD never witnessed the signing of course and don't authenticate like the other two who have huge catologues of Ruth autos etc to compare them.

I'd expect some court action by the current owner if its all proven true. This wont look good for UD at all.

Still with the monopoly on the hobby they have this could be a good thing.

exactly what i was thinking. funny how the universe has a way of balancing itself out hey :D

If UD were faking stuff

Wouldn't it be more likely to assume that UD have been scammed when they bought the autos (on cheques, letters etc) in the first place??

It brings into question their authenticating of out-sourced materials though.

Having said that...who on this forum signs their name the exact same way every time...there is always some variation. Someone on here not that long ago posted a whole heap of Lebrons...some of the autos looked very different from card to card.

when i had to sign for my car

like 50 separate sigs

none were the same

plus you know how sore your hand gets when you sign that much

im gonna change my sig to a tick to think

Nah All stars. They have serious writing experts that look into pen lift, pauses etc etc Just like the FBI uses. We may differ in our sigs but the way we write them and go about it doesn't.

That and PSA and GAI said they were particularly bad fakes too.

UD is just proven to be naive not fraudulent unless they knew or thought they may be fake.

Contry to belief BGS don't authenticate. They simply grade autos. So having a BGS grade is no assurance of the auto being legit. Its all about the conditon of the card and nothing else.

Another reason BVG grading (vintage) has failed for them. As most high end baseball collectors don't trust the athentication of old cards. Seems the only cards they seem to try on are the 86 fleer. And we have seen constant proof of trimmed cards getting slabbed.

I'm no fan of BGS. One you see the real world the matrix never looks the same ;-)

Korver#26 said:
how do they have a monopoly chad?

look at the amount of products they pump out a year, and look at the athletes they have signing for them.

basically all the stars, kobe lebron jordan nash garnett
and even the great HOF's

russel cousy d-rob etc..

when they can release products like exquisite and sell them like hot-cakes..
they have the market in ther hands

Back
Top Bottom