PS3 - AUS n NZ 2K11

Pretty darn happy with my team to be honest from 30th pick :D Flying along at 9-2. Got bloody lucky against Jimbo in my 1st game and followed that up with a win on the buzzer against Detroit. Likely won't make a trade all season cause my guys simply arn't what anyone is really after :lol:

---------- Post added 23-03-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

Wiz, if you need an extra Admin, I'm always happy to and I'm on quite regularly too.

---------- Post added 23-03-2011 at 12:31 PM ----------

Was a thriller ey! And yes, I think we both agreed throughout that the sliders were rather unrealistic in that game...I can't remember the shooting percentages, but I know very little missed. Whether the sliders are like that or harder though, I am and always have been a shooter. Sometimes can be very easy to stop me because of it, other times I get on a role. Just worked to get my guys open while trying to stop your paint barrage, so basically it was same old same old between us mate! :lol:

Man you went on a sweet run late to get up 7, mainly due to DeRozan down on the baseline each time down and I had to bring the double or suffer! When it was 54secs left and 7 down I was like...man this is tough. But open trey for Afflalo with 46secs left. Didn't foul, got the ball back, got a little lucky with Deng for 3 on the break, but then you didn't really close him out either. So was 1 point with 13secs left! 2 fouls and 3 seconds later, Landry had the chance to seal the game, but missed the 2nd FT! Whipped it up court and got damn lucky with Afflalo again for 3 to steal it. Probably 1 of the most exhilarating wins I have had on 2k! Can understand the jibbed feeling you had though. Was hoping for an easier match up for the 1st game of the season also!

If it makes you feel better though, my 2nd game, also on that same night, me and Detroit were close most of the game, but I managed to hit a 3 with Mo to be up 1 with 14 secs left. He came down, Lebron went to the hole, and the shot was rimming out but I got jump happy and grabbed the rebound called for a goaltend! He was up 1 with 1.5secs left! Time out, down the other end, ran Mo into the clear and jacked up the shot which went down for the win! And while it would have been great even as a 2pt shot (and actually better since Mo is 84 rated from Mid range and 74 from 3pt) it happened to be a 3 also. But didn't matter, was just trying to get open. So I sort of stole both my 1st 2 wins... :lol:

Haha not fussed Ben. Always have a good time playing you, regardless of win or lose. It's always a good challenge and at least you get a bit of variety playing you. I was still raging about the game I played against Portland ALFY yesterday, today.

I basically lost the game after you cut it to 4 and I didn't get a bucket or free throws. In my head I was thinking "man this is over" only 40 seconds left on the ticker and I can use 24 of them up. So I didn't run a play and got into my offense too late with a bad shot. At least it taught me to play hard till he buzzer is up haha :D

Yeah I was lucky with DeRozan to go up 7. The bucket I went up 7 with was DeRozan's putback off a Tony Parker layup miss on the break after I got a loose ball. Man the controls must have changed because in all my games so far I've been getting tip-slams and I swear I haven't been pressing anything to get them :lol:

don't worry fellas you'll all have a few easy wins when I get onboard ha ha

what's the leagues website btw so I can check it out?

PS Happy to grab the Bucks if they are still free. Thanks

Hey Wiz i might have to join up if there's any teams free? I've got the urge back and seems like there's a few good players in the league. Send me an invite mate :thumbsup:

Speaking of admin access, i have admin access in-game but not from the website. A little odd?

That is very odd Digeze. I will look into that for you.

---------- Post added 24-03-2011 at 12:53 AM ----------

what's the leagues website btw so I can check it out?

PS Happy to grab the Bucks if they are still free. Thanks

Either click on the blue AUS n NZ 2K11 writting in the signature or go to...
2K Sports

---------- Post added 24-03-2011 at 12:56 AM ----------

Hey Wiz i might have to join up if there's any teams free? I've got the urge back and seems like there's a few good players in the league. Send me an invite mate :thumbsup:

Yeah I think I have a spot for ya mate. All in all we have a great lot of guys in this league besides a couple. But they are on their last warnings and I will not hesitate to boot them. I think they already should be but I have to follow the league rules i've set or i'll loose my credibility and it makes me no better then them.

Just played back-to-back games then, picked up wins in both.

First game had a 70-64 lead over Charlotte and then he disconnected (poor sport) with only 30 seconds left to go. I messaged him on the PS3 and got no response. Admins leave the game as it is, there was only 30 seconds left so no need to re-set, I'll take those stats.

Second game won against the Nuggets (user AussieAdz19) it's kind of sad how just because he lost the game he only gave me neutral feedback. He couldn't stop Brook Lopez during the game, so I went to Lopez on the post-up multiple times with success. And he gives me a neutral saying I used "some exploits" when actually I just used some good post moves. Not once did he bring a double-team to Lopez or try and disrupt the entry pass to Lopez either.

For the statisticians out there, I scored 48/69 PIP but when you subtract fast break points (14) it's only 34/69 which is less than 50%.

I knew he was the JR Smith cheeser so I shut down JR Smith and he couldn't really use many other players.

That brings my record to 4-2, thanks to my one-two punch of Tony Parker and Brook Lopez.

Tony Parker: 14.2 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 8.5 APG, 1.7 SPG
Brook Lopez: 13.7 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 1.7 SPG, 1.7 BPG, 70% FG

---------- Post added 24-03-2011 at 06:27 PM ----------

Admins there is also a bunch of games that need to be cleaned up (don't know if you've seen). There is a number when a guy has been getting blown out and has disconnected out of the game.

If that is the case, and it's in the 4th quarter, the score should remain.

If it's earlier in the game, the game should be re-set and the result given as a sim win to the guy who was winning.

And there are some where it DC'd in the 1st quarter, which I can only imagine you reset.

Wiz - if you need help doing this, make me an admin. I'm not going to spend a lot of time online, but if I have site access I'm more than happy to clean up the league page frequently.

Also guys - I'm still shopping Paul Pierce, so if anyone is interested please let me know!!

Picked up a win last night against Zabba (Hawks). So now I'm 9-2...which is what I thought I was anyhow...and the other day while looking at some past games stats/results the link to my win against Detroit was 10 games ago. Now after having beaten the Hawks, the link to the Detroit game is still 10 games ago... were some games reset Wiz? I was more than certain I was already 9-2 before last nights win and the memory to do with the last 10 games played list on my team page (website) suggests the same...can't see why any would have been though! Ah well :)

Anywho, was tight most of the way with me and him but I broke it open later in the game while Durant was taking a breather. Deng struggled in the 1st half with only 2 points, but came back strong with 15 in the 2nd half, 11 in the last (same amount of shots, just they were dropping this time). Afflalo was solid over most of the game but 10 in the last.

hey wiz1983 went online last night and added you as a friend. Can you please send me an invite to the league. Cheers

Online looking for a game fellas. Gonna hit some uni work while I wait, if anyone is keen though gimme a buzz.

---------- Post added 25-03-2011 at 05:13 PM ----------

Just dropped a game to Royze who is the Minnesota Timberwolves owner. Man I did my best but Dirk Nowitzki couldn't miss. His jumper is so hard to guard because he releases it behind his head. He hit so many contested shots!

I was down 75-74 and had 30 seconds left and had just grabbed the rebound on a missed shot. But I got a bit excited and accidentally ran out of bounds :lol:

That was my chance to take the lead, but unfortunately that turnover cost me. Had one before as well when I tried to post up and pass it down low, but the non-direct passing screwed me and instead threw it cross court (which was of course picked off easily). Had my chances, but running out of bounds doesn't help!!

He's a great player though. Thoroughly enjoyable and exciting game!! :D

Love playing Royze. Dirk or AK47 get it most of the time so I lock down on them and it's smooth sailing from there. Got him by 26 :D

Love playing Royze. Dirk or AK47 get it most of the time so I lock down on them and it's smooth sailing from there. Got him by 26 :D

Yeah how do you "lock down on them" though. I had a hand on about 75% of Dirk's jumpers and AK47. Like I was rising up and contesting them. And they were all just going in.

I think for Dirk's it's more tricky because the release is deceptive. When he starts to go up, you jump, but then he doesn't release it till after you've already jumped :lol:

I'm finding locking down shooters hard because the sliders for shooting seem to be not that difficult.

---------- Post added 25-03-2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

Also Ben - check out this number I did on your boy Luol Deng in My Player. Just reached the Finals. This play was in Game 6 of the EC Semi's. My #7 seeded Bobcats have now knocked off Miami (4-1), Orlando (4-3) and Chicago (4-2) on our way to the Finals to verse the Lakers!

http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=4797782

---------- Post added 25-03-2011 at 05:37 PM ----------

PPS - Also guys still trying to offload Pierce if there are any takers. Looking for a guy who I can use a bit better. He's not really my style, and neither was Stephen Jackson :lol:

Yeah how do you "lock down on them" though. I had a hand on about 75% of Dirk's jumpers and AK47. Like I was rising up and contesting them. And they were all just going in.

I think for Dirk's it's more tricky because the release is deceptive. When he starts to go up, you jump, but then he doesn't release it till after you've already jumped :lol:

I'm finding locking down shooters hard because the sliders for shooting seem to be not that difficult.

---------- Post added 25-03-2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

Also Ben - check out this number I did on your boy Luol Deng in My Player. Just reached the Finals. This play was in Game 6 of the EC Semi's. My #7 seeded Bobcats have now knocked off Miami (4-1), Orlando (4-3) and Chicago (4-2) on our way to the Finals to verse the Lakers!

2K Sports

---------- Post added 25-03-2011 at 05:37 PM ----------

PPS - Also guys still trying to offload Pierce if there are any takers. Looking for a guy who I can use a bit better. He's not really my style, and neither was Stephen Jackson :lol:

:lol: sweet move! :D

I just stuck to AK and Dirk like a glove. Don't get faked out and get the D timing right. I dunno, he's ripped me apart with Dirk before, but I was ready this time and it worked. Dirk shot 6/15, AK only 3/10. And when I was playing Royze I think the shooting settings were even easier than they currently are!

:lol: sweet move! :D

I just stuck to AK and Dirk like a glove. Don't get faked out and get the D timing right. I dunno, he's ripped me apart with Dirk before, but I was ready this time and it worked. Dirk shot 6/15, AK only 3/10. And when I was playing Royze I think the shooting settings were even easier than they currently are!

Yeah I suppose playing tighter often works. Amir Johnson did a decent job on him, but the length of Andray Blatche didn't seem to bother Dirk at all. AK was easier to guard. I doubled Dirk a bit as well, and stole the ball off him a couple times. Stealing is really easy when a big man faces up.

---------- Post added 25-03-2011 at 05:49 PM ----------

if somebody drops out can u please message me???

There are 2 spots open right now you should message the mods.

can someone please tell me if there is sliders in this , only because it feels like everything is dropping even with in your face defence , just wondering cause some players even in my team wouldnt normally drop some of these shots i have been pulling off and seeing lol .

On now if anyone is keen for a game.

---------- Post added 26-03-2011 at 10:52 PM ----------

Dropped another game this time to Michael. Never like to lose, but glad he could get his first win.

Turnovers just killed me. Towards the end of the second quarter I started turning it over like stupid and it just got me aggravated and I couldn't cool down until the 4th unfortunately.

I'm always right there at the end with guys, if I can cut down on my mistakes I think I'd have only lost that first game to Ben.

---------- Post added 27-03-2011 at 12:32 PM ----------

Picked up a win against Denver to complete my season sweep of them.

Closer game this time because he hit a couple 3's in the last few seconds. I tried to destroy him with Brook Lopez again but he battled for position better so I had to look to other options.

Tony Parker player of the game with 19 points and 6 assists. Uploading a nasty and-one windmill of DeRozan as we speak! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom