Project Superpowers

tangent

Nonsport - Comics/SciFi
Real Name
Jen
eBay User
tangentuk
My case of Project Superpowers arrived today with my 10 mystery packs in the same box. I will be breaking the PS in the next couple of days but opened the 10 packs tonight. I mostly picked these up for the Project Superpowers stuff, as I am/will be collecting that but also for the fun factor. I have to say that I am really impressed with the quality of the lenticular 3D cards. Very happy with my break. Here's my loot:

Movie posters / scifi movies / Marilyn
3D cards:
> 2 x Bride of Frankenstein
> 3 x Day Earth Stood Still
Printing Plates:
> 1 x Marilyn Monroe (19 yellow)
> 2 x Marilyn Update (MC10 black, MC28 black)
> Invasion of the Saucer Men (magenta)
> 3 x Classic Vintage Movie Posters
>> VM6 yellow - Frankenstein
>> VM9 cyan - King Kong
>> 56 yellow - Marx Brothers

Vampirella
> Artist auto - Greg Hildebrandt
> Model auto - Leslie Culton
> Colored art VC4 - Parrish
> 5 x 3D (lounging, cover 1, 3 x throne)

Tudors
> 2 x Wallis auto (Jane Seymour)
> 5 piece costume (ltd 200)
> 2 x King's mirror prop (ltd 200 - 1 damaged)

Project Superpowers
> 10 puzzle cards (7 different, missing 2 and 3)
> Colored art PC6 - Popplewell
> Alex Ross auto
> 3 sketches
The sketches are by Hack, Gerlach (2 of 10) and Owens (3 of 10 Flame Girl).

Superpowers%20sketches.JPG

I was really happy that I have almost the Superpowers puzzle and that the 3 sketches are all from Superpowers since that's the only one of these sets I am collecting. I also did well on the 7 printing plates.

Re: Project Superpowers and Breygent SDCC Mystery Packs

Very nice Jen
The mystery packs seem like fun, seems like you received a nice array of goodies
Owens sketch, nice... :)
Look forward to seeing pics of case break

Cool Jen seems like a fun break. Good luck with the rest of the boxes.
I'm searching for the Classic Vintage Movie Posters printing plate of 'The Birds' #1 (Magenta and Cyan)
Getting them for my girlfriend who loves the movie..
Already have the Yellow and Black plates :)

Well done on the break Jen. The mystery packs seem to have some great stuff in them - where did you get your from?

It is good to see a few breaks happening down this end of the board again - it has been getting a bit quiet around here.

Here's the Project Superpowers break (so far). There are 15 boxes to the case and I have opened 11. Each box has a base set (of 72), 2 chrome cards (of 9), 2 chrome puzzle cards (of 9) and 5 Fighting Yank War Journal (of 18), and either 2 sketch cards or 1 sketch card plus Alex Ross auto. I opened 8 boxes to get the set with all chase and figured I was close to a second chase set, which is why I stopped at 11 :)

Here's the sketches:

4 x Gordon Purcell (250) and 2 x Colton Worley (388)
Superpowers%20Purcell%20Worley.JPG

2 x Clint Hilinski and 1 x Mark Pennington 3 x Jay Liesten (500)
Superpowers%20Liesten.JPG

Ken Haeser (159), John Watson (160), Adam Archer (50)
Dan Borgonos (52), Lau maybe (135), Adam Cleveland (92)
Superpowers%20Various.JPG

2 x Trev Murphy (110) and Alex Ross auto
Superpowers%20Murphy.JPG

There was another Pennington sketch which had been folded in half in the packing process (the card wasn't fully in the box so was folded when the top was closed).

I've been picking up various sketches from Project Superpowers. From my pulls and the example sketches posted, I had a suspicion that Lau had done a puzzle. I have now picked up a piece that connects to one of my pulled pieces so the suspicion is confirmed. In what other set can you get a Casallos (signs as Eman) for less than $20?

Anyway, here's what I have so far (trades, buys and the Lau puzzle pieces I pulled). Sorry about size, I only have thumbnail size and full size hosted.

Casallos x 2
projectsuperpowerscasallos18.jpg
projectsuperpowerscasallos40.jpg

Borgonos / Frazier
projectsuperpowersborgonos20.jpg
projectsuperpowersfrazier4sdcc.jpg

Molinelli / Schlekewey
projectsuperpowersmolinelli37.jpg
projectsuperpowersschlekewy11sdcc.jpg

Lau puzzle pieces (numbered 59, 56, 58)
projectsuperpowerslau59.jpg
projectsuperpowerslau56.jpg
projectsuperpowerslau58.jpg

They look great Jen.
Puzzle pieces look interesting.
How many do you need to complete the puzzle?

Thanks, it's a great set to pick up cheap good sketches (even if they are obscure characters). I really don't know how big the puzzle is. I know there's at least 3 pieces I'm missing as 2 of them are in the example sketches that Breygent posted and one of my pieces doesn't connect to any of the 3 I have or the 2 others I know. There's not that many boxes out there so it should be doable, but I missed some of the early auctions as I didn't realise the puzzle existed and wasn't looking. Also, the puzzle is done by Lau who is one of the artists on the Project Superpowers comic (done several covers at least) so that makes it even better.

Got two boxes of Project Superpowers from Jen this morning, like the cards, packaging from Breygent sucks. only 1 base set, second box was one card short with a heap of corner damaged cards.............. :( no auto but got these 4 sketches.

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

WRT the sketches above the first 'The Hood' is by Leister 220/500, the second is unsigned and is 103/203. The other two are by atc-b and are numbered 87 & 96/101 respectively

I bought some more of these. This is the best of a 2 case break.

Case 1:
Adam Archer (50), Mel Jay San Juan x2 (52)
Jonathan Lau x3 (135)

Superpowers%202.JPG

Also Molinelli (100), Hauser x2 (159), Watson (160), Rubi (203), Pennington x2 (204), Worley x5 (388), Leisten x8 (500).
Autos: AR1 x3 and AR2

Case 2:
John Czop x2 (50), Eman Casallos (52)
Cleveland (101), Watson x2 (160)

Superpowers%203.JPG

Also Archer (50), Molinelli (100), Hauser x2 (159), Rubi x4 (203), Pennington x3 (204), Purcell x4 (250), Worley x2 (388), Leisten x4 (500).
Autos: AR1 x2 and AR2

Of the high volume artists, I think Leisten was somewhat inconsistent but several are good sketches and Purcell also had some good ones.

Back
Top Bottom