Player signatures

Pika

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Grant Lawrence
Just a quick question regarding player signatures.

Will it effect the value of the card if you have the player sign it for you?

Grace has a few NRL 2008 inserts, I know they are not worth a great deal, but I train an NRL team and was going to ge the boys to sign her cards.

Just wondering if I should just get the base cards done and save the inserts, or its actually a better option to get the inserts done.

Thanks for your patience with the new guy and his questions.

Personally I think it's better to do base cards. People generally frown on this as 'defacing' a card, even if it is an auto from the player. With Proof/photo of signing it could be a different story, but without, a base card might sell a tiny bit higher for the chance that it's real, but an insert I would think would sell for less as it's considered 'damaged'.

In my opinion, base cards are ok, but inserts are no good. I agree with Nenjabin except even with photo proof i reckon its the same story.

Just a quick question regarding player signatures.

Will it effect the value of the card if you have the player sign it for you?

Grace has a few NRL 2008 inserts, I know they are not worth a great deal, but I train an NRL team and was going to ge the boys to sign her cards.

Just wondering if I should just get the base cards done and save the inserts, or its actually a better option to get the inserts done.

Thanks for your patience with the new guy and his questions.

I think it is a personal choice, it all depends what YOU want your collection to be, just check my bucket, i have heaps of base cards AND inserts in my PC signed by members of the Bronco's..........and they mean more to me like that than if they weren't signed. For me, and a lot of the people I trade with before finding this site, we get the cards signed because that is what we want our collections to be...........i also have higher end inserts and limited edition cards that I don't have signed, like the 2006 premiership NRL series, they are like that because that is how I enjoy them.............just have fun with it and do what you want I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom